GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emission Service Action 24FX

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
VW screwed the pooch when they moved to 0w-20, changed the oil pump and didn't properly adjust the VVT to operate correctly with it.

This is just round 2 of that fix. My car as delivered destroyed an O2 sensor, stalled and ran terribly. I moved to 5w-40 and didn't have anymore issues. I did take the first update, then I tuned the car, still run 5w-40, because I track in Florida. Being tuned now, I won't do the second update, but Florida doesn't check anything to register your car, it can have 1 lug on each wheel, a wheel missing, blowing smoke like an old steam engine, and no one cares.
I know a cat with a mk7 that swears by adding 3qts 0w20 vw508 and 3 of the vw502 5w40 🤣

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
3 hours hahaha. mine was done during my inspection/emission. i was at the dealer for an hour tops

Now I understand why people are running from the Toyota dealership in this auto group's brand for the independent Toyota I work for. I would go to my selling dealer to do it, but it's a 30 minute drive and I'd only go there for maintenance. This one's a 5 minute drive from my place tops.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Just got the letter today in the mail. My 2020 MK7.5 GTI is EQT Stage 2 tuned, so won't be going anytime soon. I guess I'll seat back and watch how this evolve as more people conduct this update and report back. Back in my old M3 days I just flashed back to stock and took the car for any kind of work.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I wonder how long before apr and the like incorporate this “fix” to their tunes.

otherwise it would be dumb to flash to stock. Go to the dealer. Get the new ecu flash. Go back to my apr tune only to lose the fix.

unless the fix isn’t written to the ecu?

@Arin@APR any idea when one could expect that update? I know you guys are trying to not piss carb off any. So I figure you’d include this latest change to your tune?

Last edited:

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
I got it today, just happen to get my JB4 in the mail also, so not installed yet, (not that a piggyback will be detected, but who knows?).
Thinking I may call the dealer and see what they say. Not sure if this is related to the stalling issue with the early 19's. Mine started stalling a few weeks after buying (2 years ago), they had it for a couple days and fixed it, didn't have anything to do with the catalytic converter though. Sounds like this may be a bigger deal in California.

View attachment 208364 View attachment 208366
You won’t want the JB4 installed as it could flag the car as modified. If I had one installed, I would remove it any time I needed dealer service. That is one of the big selling factors vs getting a tune which will void your warranty every time.

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
Thanks sloopercat, haven't installed it yet. Going to wait and take it in maybe this week, I'm do one more free oil change, so let them do that and the FX24 update, then I'll install the JB4.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Is that the 51st state?

1617574951092.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We should keep the memes in OT.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Reporting back. The entire process took less than 45 minutes. The car feels a little more eager off the line both in D and S. There is less of a dead pedal feel so to speak. It feels smoother under acceleration and punchier in the midrange. Nothing drastic but something I noticed. I think they maybe some changes to VVT and throttle mapping. Overall I like the update.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I wonder how long before apr and the like incorporate this “fix” to their tunes.

otherwise it would be dumb to flash to stock. Go to the dealer. Get the new ecu flash. Go back to my apr tune only to lose the fix.

unless the fix isn’t written to the ecu?

@Arin@APR any idea when one could expect that update? I know you guys are trying to not piss carb off any. So I figure you’d include this latest change to your tune?
I was about to get the newest EQT updated for my car, now I'm going to wait and see if they incorporate these fixes.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Reporting back. The entire process took less than 45 minutes. The car feels a little more eager off the line both in D and S. There is less of a dead pedal feel so to speak. It feels smoother under acceleration and punchier in the midrange. Nothing drastic but something I noticed. I think they maybe some changes to VVT and throttle mapping. Overall I like the update.

Were you tuned prior to getting this done? I want to know if doing this while you're tuned (even if you flash back to stock) TD1s your car.