GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emission Service Action 24FX

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Thanks for reporting back with your impressions. Glad to know that maybe I'm not so crazy for having noticed the same improvements!
6mt or DSG?

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Really? Man that’s weird. I thought it was an emissions thing?

It is O2 sensor related so technically yes but *I think* they had to make changes to VVT because of it. It is not a night and day difference. The best I can describe is that the car feels a little bit more eager now than before but nothing I would lose sleep over. Hope that makes sense.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
It is O2 sensor related so technically yes but *I think* they had to make changes to VVT because of it. It is not a night and day difference. The best I can describe is that the car feels a little bit more eager now than before but nothing I would lose sleep over. Hope that makes sense.
It actually does. Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Have mine scheduled for Friday

chamisool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evolution 8, GTI SE
Mine is scheduled for Friday. I'm bone stock but I never pushed my car since it's still breaking in in terms of mileage so I won't really have anything to say.

cb1111

Spoke to apr

me: when will the 24fx update be included in your tunes

apr: about 2 weeks to a few months.

me:...... ok that’s a little bit vague, will you be emailing folks, making a post on social media and forums, how would I know when it’s ready?

apr: just call us about every two weeks. We don’t post that kind of stuff

me:..... ok...... are you actively working on it? Is there any info at all

apr: I’ve no idea. I can ask

puts me on hold

apr: hey, we have no idea if it’s being worked on. Call us in about two weeks

me: ok......

hardly worth shaving my nuts for, dude. I guess it’ll be ready when it’s ready 🤷🏽‍♂️
Typical APR. Your call was probably the first time they heard of that service action.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Typical APR. Your call was probably the first time they heard of that service action.
I couldn’t say. I referred to it as 24fx and dude didn’t ask what that was. I assume maybe they knew? I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. For now

Inka Orange

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
Hi, I've been absent here for a while, and the 2019 GTI is running fine...as it has since new. Dropped in due to this 24FX 'update' to see what others are experiencing after getting it done.

I did get the 24FD update in Jan, 2020. Even though I never experienced the stalling issue, I did notice some improvements, like less rev hang between gears, and no more (very occasional) mis-reads on the gear indicator. Does the 24FX update include what was in the 24FD update with some added emissions stuff?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I dunno wtf you people are talking about

just had 24fx done. GTI and gli feel the same. No differences at all. The pedal in D still feels the same.

the only thing that I noticed was cold start revs was maybe 100-200rpm higher than usual. And even then I hardly paid attention to it.

dsg farts or whatever seemed the same too.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I dunno wtf you people are talking about

just had 24fx done. GTI and gli feel the same. No differences at all. The pedal in D still feels the same.

the only thing that I noticed was cold start revs was maybe 100-200rpm higher than usual. And even then I hardly paid attention to it.

dsg farts or whatever seemed the same too.
Does your GTI have the 6-speed or the 7-speed DSG? Any tunes? I'm guessing you have the 6-speed since the farts/burps aren't really there with the 7-speed (at least not that I can hear with my car, even with the windows down).

I think the 6-speed paired with whatever engine tuning they had before must have still worked pretty well or something. The 7-speed otherwise was surprisingly unresponsive and I was even disappointed with it for a while until the update came out.

Otherwise if you've got the 7-speed and you're not noticing anything, I dunno. We only have anecdotal/subjective impressions here so it's hard to say if it actually did anything without some kind of more specific info to confirm.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Does your GTI have the 6-speed or the 7-speed DSG? Any tunes? I'm guessing you have the 6-speed since the farts/burps aren't really there with the 7-speed (at least not that I can hear with my car, even with the windows down).

I think the 6-speed paired with whatever engine tuning they had before must have still worked pretty well or something. The 7-speed otherwise was surprisingly unresponsive and I was even disappointed with it for a while until the update came out.

Otherwise if you've got the 7-speed and you're not noticing anything, I dunno. We only have anecdotal/subjective impressions here so it's hard to say if it actually did anything without some kind of more specific info to confirm.
i forgot to mention that, sorry

2020 gti apr stage 1 high tq with apr dsg (7 speed). arm fmic. awe track cat back. injen intake. the 7 speed farts, but the derating lasts a tenth of a second compared to the 6 speed, from what i have noticed at least. The 6 speed's farting event seems like it lasts half a second. enough to be noticeable. on the 7 speed, not so much.

2020 gli. stock.

I'm just gonna go off what the service writer said.

Me: wtf does 24fx change?

Service writer: It's some bullshit, man

Me: ok

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
i forgot to mention that, sorry

2020 gti apr stage 1 high tq with apr dsg (7 speed). arm fmic. awe track cat back. injen intake. the 7 speed farts, but the derating lasts a tenth of a second compared to the 6 speed, from what i have noticed at least. The 6 speed's farting event seems like it lasts half a second. enough to be noticeable. on the 7 speed, not so much.

2020 gli. stock.

I'm just gonna go off what the service writer said.

Me: wtf does 24fx change?

Service writer: It's some bullshit, man

Me: ok
Hahah, yeah, the advisor I worked with didn't really know any specifics either.

That said, I'm guessing your tunes may be why you're not noticing any difference or if you did compare stock to stock, I dunno. This could also still very well be all placebo. Even if it is, I'm fine with it. It makes my stock vehicle feel better to me, even if it's all in my head. :ROFLMAO: Generally speaking, while throttle response feels better, I do wish it was still a bit more responsive in terms of shifting with certain throttle inputs. That's not as big of a deal though as the paddles are always there if needed.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hahah, yeah, the advisor I worked with didn't really know any specifics either.

That said, I'm guessing your tunes may be why you're not noticing any difference or if you did compare stock to stock, I dunno. This could also still very well be all placebo. Even if it is, I'm fine with it. It makes my stock vehicle feel better to me, even if it's all in my head. :ROFLMAO: Generally speaking, while throttle response feels better, I do wish it was still a bit more responsive in terms of shifting with certain throttle inputs. That's not as big of a deal though as the paddles are always there if needed.
When we got home I took the gli out for a spin. It’s stock and even after the flash it still feels the same 🤷🏽‍♂️