GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EMERGENCY HELP REQUEST: Cary/Raleigh area

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
My car is stuck at bfi. Car died on the i95. P0087 low rail pressure problem.
Car would not start after this. Towed it to bfi and of course this morning it started up fine.
I am assuming the issue was related to the lpfp but a new one won’t be in til monday and I don’t just want to drive it as is.
I was heading from canada to florida for a little vaca but now i just wanna turn around and head back home

Does anyone have a lpfp assembly for an awd mk7 that could be in bfi hands for friday.
Thanks

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Let me check the members spreadsheet

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Only members I see in Winston Salem, captainratty and southern pines...kyacrash.

Jake is southern NC though

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I texted Jake in case he could help

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m 3+ hours south of BFI, outside of local dealers idk who’d have a pump locally.

Has BFI done any diagnostic on it? I’d at least want to know it’s not a simple loose connection or something, especially with such easy access to the pump

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Reviving this old thread because now I have the same issue. What was the final outcome and solution?
seems to have been a lpfp issue.
in my mind it was one of two things. either a bad pump or an issue with the feed tubes. BFI removed my pump assembly and reinstalled it and the car still died. i was on my way back to NGP when it died the second time. i had bfi replace the hpfp, fpcm, and fuel rail sensor.
NGP installed a new lpfp ( long story why i didn’t get bfi to do it. parts delivery issues bigtime fml).
i never ran the car below a 1/3 tank until this week as if i had the problem i didn’t want to freeze my ass off up here in canada waiting for the tow truck. ill keep a jerry canof gas in the car and keep filling it up and running until Empty a few more times before i run w/o the can of gas

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Reviving this old thread because now I have the same issue. What was the final outcome and solution?
the reason i believe it to have been an issue with the feed tube that runs to the d/s of the tank is that both times the issue occured it happened around the same mileage ( similar fuel economy) after filling up. car died around a 1/3 tank left both times. however, bfi and ngp could not duplicate the problem cause the car started and ran fine for them.
of note.... ngp test drove the car and it ran fine, once the new lpfp assembly’ was installed and the car was primed the p/s of the fuel tank started to fill with gas where before it was dry

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Lol. And the car died while driving the other day. At about 1/4 tank. Car would not start again. Just long cranking cranking cranking.
Since i had been waiting for this i had 15l of gas in a jerry can. Put the gas in and the car started right up.

So here’s my question. Has anyone with an AWD mqb had fuel starvation issues at lower gas levels(1/3 tank or less). I never had this issue until after swapping out the lpfp.

I have an a3 gas tank that i picked up and im going to inspect the tube that runs from the pump to the drivers side of the tank and compare that to mine. To me it has to be something with this transfer tube since i have replaced every other fucking part of the fuel system