GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emblems / Badges

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I'm about to finish up polishing with Menzerna 3500 + LC orange pads and was wondering when I should be reapplying emblems/badges. Should I wait until I'm done with PowerLock+ & 845? This seems logical to me but was curious to see if the adhesive would stick on top of PowerLock + & 845.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well wherever you're putting the badges, I'd recommend cleaning it with some rubbing alcohol first for good adhesion.
Tape off the area, if need be, so you don't remove protection from around the area

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I’m not familiar with the products you mention, but I would agree with @snobrdrdan if it is a ceramic coat, definitely not on top of a ceramic coat.
not ceramic coating. trying a more traditional sealant + wax combo, powerlock+ + colinite 845, respectively. i had ceramic coating for about 1.5 years, hydroslick for maybe 1 year, and now trying the old school method to see which i like better.

Well wherever you're putting the badges, I'd recommend cleaning it with some rubbing alcohol first for good adhesion.
Tape off the area, if need be, so you don't remove protection from around the area
replacing the rear GTI badge with MKVII

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
damnit i put on a coat of powerlock+ yesterday :( why can't you respond to my posts right after I post? why??
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If after a few washes you notice it becoming loose, then polish the area and put badges after 👍

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
not ceramic coating. trying a more traditional sealant + wax combo, powerlock+ + colinite 845, respectively. i had ceramic coating for about 1.5 years, hydroslick for maybe 1 year, and now trying the old school method to see which i like better.

replacing the rear GTI badge with MKVII
I’d wait for it to weaken some before putting the badges on. For the sake of proper adhesion

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah I'm actually kind of digging the clean hatch without the "GTI" or "mkvii" badges. I'll probably leave it without the badge and add it later if I want to switch it up.
Leave it clean, you can always swipe the area with isopropyl if you do want to add it back. I suspect you'll like this setup more than ceramic coat if you don't mind a little extra upkeep. Ceramics are easy, but look less impressive than a good sealant and topping.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Leave it clean, you can always swipe the area with isopropyl if you do want to add it back. I suspect you'll like this setup more than ceramic coat if you don't mind a little extra upkeep. Ceramics are easy, but look less impressive than a good sealant and topping.
so far i'm diggin it. i have plenty of beadmaker, sonax S&S, adams spray wax, etc to make my life easier as I'm drying so I think i'll probably end up liking this combo more. we'll see after i ceramic coat the white TM3 when we get it in a couple of weeks.