GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

elliotw

Car(s)
7.5 GTI, 997GT3RS
Hello,
My name is Elliot and I live in Seattle Washington. Recently sold my daily driver which was a 2006 Scion xA and picked up a lightly used 2018 GTI SE with 13k miles for 24.5k. Been a long time auto enthusiast and really excited to share my ownership experience. My other fun car is a 2018 BRZ tS heavily modded with supercharger and a whole bunch of other mods focused mainly on track driving. The build for the BRZ is here: BRZ tS Build

Plans for the GTI:
Want to keep it relatively stock as I already have one heavily modded car and want to keep my "People's First warranty" in the clear. Been looking at doing the GTI clubsport exhaust and refinishing the OEM wheels in gold. The euro tail lights would be nice but seems so far the harness looks like a PITA. So not sure on that. maybe some other fun cosmetic mods as I learn more about the platform.

Initial impressions:
Super fun to drive and the torque really makes for a great around town car. The handling feels awesome driving on the freeways/city roads(going 5/10th-7/10th). May have to take it out on the track once just to get that full experience. The interior and amenities in this car are just amazing for the price point. It's a massive upgrade from my 2006 Scion and really nothing can compare to it in the price point.

Photos during pick of the GTI SE DSG:

Parked in the Garage next to the Scion(which is now sold):

Photo of BRZ for fun:

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
Did you ever consider naming the subi the TS Elliot? Welcome to the forum!

elliotw

Car(s)
7.5 GTI, 997GT3RS
Did you ever consider naming the subi the TS Elliot? Welcome to the forum!
Haha someone on the subi forum made a similar suggestion. Thanks for the Welcome. I saw your fast ass wagon. had I wanted a more project taking a golf sportwagen and making into a GTI and/or R version seems like a ton of fun. Once I saw your's and Dadwagon build I looked at prices on cargurus immediately and looking up mods. Its an addiction lol.

elliotw

Car(s)
7.5 GTI, 997GT3RS
Took the Golf on our first road trip this last week. Over 800 miles between Coo's Bay, OR and Seattle, WA. Car handled awesomely and I got to do a lot of driving on some fun curvy roads on the Oregon coast.

Stop for lunch in Bandon Dunes Oregon for some crab legs.

Pacific Coast:

Some driving shots:

The car needs a wash badly after all those miles lol.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Took the Golf on our first road trip this last week. Over 800 miles between Coo's Bay, OR and Seattle, WA. Car handled awesomely and I got to do a lot of driving on some fun curvy roads on the Oregon coast.

Stop for lunch in Bandon Dunes Oregon for some crab legs.

Pacific Coast:

Some driving shots:

The car needs a wash badly after all those miles lol.

Great pictures. Road trips are awesome.

elliotw

Car(s)
7.5 GTI, 997GT3RS
Been awhile since I've updated stuff here.
GTI been a lovely car. No complaint and now at 26.5k Miles. I go back and forth on color changing the rims to bronze. Now that the mk8 is out very happy to have the mk7.5 with the physical controls. I hate these haptic/software buttons. Ended up selling my BRZ tS. But upgraded to my favorite car of all time. 2011 GT3 RS. Rocking the dual German garage. RS Journal on Rennlist

After a few mods:

Last edited:

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Been awhile since I've updated stuff here.
GTI been a lovely car. No complaint and now at 26.5k Miles. I go back and forth on color changing the rims to bronze. Now that the mk8 is out very happy to have the mk7.5 with the physical controls. I hate these haptic/software buttons. Ended up selling my BRZ tS. But upgraded to my favorite car of all time. 2011 GT3 RS. Rocking the dual German garage. RS Journal on Rennlist

After a few mods:
Quite the upgrade, congrats! Fellow Seattleite here and just started tracking my GTI this year. So far two TNiA events at the Ridge. Strongly considering the last TNiA there for the season on 9/20. Have you gone to any of those?

elliotw

Car(s)
7.5 GTI, 997GT3RS
Quite the upgrade, congrats! Fellow Seattleite here and just started tracking my GTI this year. So far two TNiA events at the Ridge. Strongly considering the last TNiA there for the season on 9/20. Have you gone to any of those?
Hello Seattleite! I believe you're refering to TNiA is Track Night in America. I've run those events in the past. I consider them great beginner events to dip your toe into track days. In our region I run with Turn2, Porsche Club, Skip day track days, speed syndicate, and proformance. These providers dedicate a bit more for intermediate/regular track folks. Track wise I enjoy the following tracks here in the PNW(in order of enjoyment): Oregon raceway park, Area27, The Ridge, Portland International raceway, and Pacific raceways. Still wanting to try Spokane raceway. I also do a bit of gokarting at PGP which is by pacific raceways in auburn.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Yup Track Night in America. It’s been a good introduction for me so far and cost effective. Out of all the organizations you’ve run with who would you say was the best at helping you learn and progress?