GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Electronic Parking Brake (US model)

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Interesting... I've been driving manual transmission cars for over 15 years- I pride myself on good technique. Always shake my head when I read "money shift" posts because good technique makes it totally avoidable. I've never felt the need for this "auto hold", even on STEEP inclines, but it's nice to hear that it's now built in. I thought it was a function of the electronic parking brake, basically the park brake is doing the "auto hold" for a few seconds when necessary, so I do not sure how it is activated/works on US cars with manual park brakes. Maybe it's the regular brakes being electronically activated?

I also know how to set my side mirrors so that I don't have a blind spot. I know lots of people like to see the side of their car in the side mirrors but that isn't where they should be aimed. I don't really need blind-spot assist, but it's another one of those "cool" electronic nannies that gel a lot of people who never learned how to set up side mirrors properly.

What I see is all the little "automated" ways control is being given up in cars. First it was very nonchalant - cruise control, power steering, remote key fobs for locking/unlocking, auto dim rear view mirrors, then keyless entry, electronic parking brakes.

Now it's getting more pervasive, especially with regards to the "driving" aspect, and effectively lowering the bar for driving skills. Some argue that it is making difficult situations easier, or safer, such as auto park assistant, adaptive cruise control, and forward collision braking. All of this is marching toward a computer controlling ALL the functions of driving. I think eventually when we give up all control to the car it will be safer, but first we must go through a period where people don't learn necessary driving skills, and all these little electronic nannies are seen as "upgrades". It's quite a double edge sword, but it's just the way it's going.

Auto Hold & hill assist , two different things.
I know what you are taking about when you mentioned no blind spot, it takes some time to get used to it but it works, in my case i couldn't get used to it and trust me I tried lol, but I need more reference but I do compensate with the interior rear view mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
After reading replies this is my take on some of new functionality:
Auto-hold - 0 need in MT car on flat terrain (and next to 0 in hilly places).
Hill-assist - handy, definitely for new MT drivers and even I've found VW clutch/gearing tough. If you had your foot off the brake the hill-assist is not engaged (purist mode;)). I guess emergency brake would do but requires training and coordination that most of flat-lander have no opportunity to acquire.
Cruise control - I've ended up with S trim instead of Launch Edition for this and nicer steering wheel. I can't say I've used it much. It does not bother me though.
ABS/ECS etc - none of these is available on my ZX3 and I wish I had them (if only few times, especially in winter).
Blind spot monitoring - not a necessity but it's nice to have in vehicle with such a tiny side mirrors. Especially that it only augments the driver and does not take over.

Kuba Kajderowicz

I don't know if anybody has, but I will be soon-ish. I have all of the required parts in-hand now, but no time...
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/cuzoes-2015-golf-tdi-s-journal.373961/post-7819689
Honestly, im going to wait till you get to give it a shot 😁i cant really afford to have my car not usable if there would be some problem i would need to diagnose in the process , so if you succeed, which im sure you will by looking at your posts. I will pull the trigger on doing it aswell