GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

electrical fault, rear window going down

videoman

Passed Driver's Ed
This has happened twice to me, but within about afew days of each other. After a couple of minutes of starting the engine, or could be just powering it on, i am not sure as i haven't tried that, but i find my rear window just opens. all the way. I can't even close it straight away either from the drivers side. Clearly an electrical fault, i assume the switch. But which? the door of the window or the drivers door cluster?
Just curious if anyone has had a similar problem. I am initially going to look at the rear passenger door switch first when i get chance.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
It could be in the wider mech if its a switch for say the anti finger chopping......or its teh main controller which is in the front door on the same side (rears piggy-back of the fronts)

I would try winding all windows down, cleaning the "gutters/grooves" from the glass...then with doors closed, press & hold the lock button down & continue to hold it down until all the windows have wound fully up & the car locks...this should set the top most glass position...

videoman

Passed Driver's Ed
It could be in the wider mech if its a switch for say the anti finger chopping......or its teh main controller which is in the front door on the same side (rears piggy-back of the fronts)

I would try winding all windows down, cleaning the "gutters/grooves" from the glass...then with doors closed, press & hold the lock button down & continue to hold it down until all the windows have wound fully up & the car locks...this should set the top most glass position...
ok thankyou for the response, something else to consider. Just been to cold atm to rip off the door panels to get at the switches. As its only happened twice, its on the back of my head to do. Just was really weird when motoring down at 40mph and the rear window randomly opens heh