GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Sportline Springs/Koni Yellow Sport Dampers

smoriarty

Passed Driver's Ed
So I just had Eibach Sportline Springs, Eibach 25mm rear sway, and Koni Yellow Sport Shocks/struts installed on my 2dr mk7 Gti yesterday. I’ll give my thoughts on all 3 and what my first impressions were yesterday as well as today after I made adjustments on the front shocks.

The springs are the US version which are PROGRESSIVE. I know there’s lots of debate about whether they are linear or progressive. I called Eibach US themselves and was told the US version is progressive and the UK version is linear. This is for both Pro-Kit and the more aggressive Sportlines.

First impression: Wow it’s stiff. After being on stock suspension for 38k miles and suddenly switching to an aggressive suspension set up, I was shocked it felt so different. When the dampers were installed they were installed with the rears 1 turn from full stiff and fronts were in the middle(1.5 turns from both stiff/soft) I believe. I definitely know what people mean by you can feel every bump in the road. The car follows the road very closely now. Since I have the more aggressive spring option from Eibach I expected it to be harsher but it wasn’t. I really like the springs and it’s not bouncy. Right now I have no regrets going Sportline rather than Prokit but I’ll admit the average person who lowers their mk7 would probably opt for the less aggressive Pro-Kit. The rear sway bar now keeps the car very flat in corners. I notice the rear follows the front now instead of it having a mind of its own.

After some driving today I decided to adjust the front shocks with the adjustable piece it came with. It’s super easy to access under the hood and takes maybe 30 seconds to adjust. I went full soft then 1 full turn from full soft. The tears are obviously hard to access so those are staying put for right now which are 1 turn from full stiff. Went out again and wow it’s wayyyy better. Front is not as stiff and aggressive and now it absorbs a lot more imperfections. I would definitely go more stiff in the fronts for auto x or tracking but for daily driving this is the setting I’ll probably run most days.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Yeah, the konis are pretty rough near the top of the adjustment range.

I would recommend fixing the rears so you aren't caught in an unexpected situation with the car's handling.