GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro-Kit with Bilstein B6 or B8 ??

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
^ Bingo nailed it! B6 would have more shock extension (droop) available.

Less droop with B8s on extension, For all intents and purposes this only places the shock closer to the "middle" of it's available travel at ride height when using the same lowering springs on the B8, versus B6. In general more droop a better thing to have than the opposite of not enough; it allows the tires to stay in contact with the ground for a longer duration until full extension.

The biggest concern with too much droop, is if the spring is not long enough on full extension it wouldn't be seated, that's why helper springs are used in coilovers for instance, to keep the main spring always seated. With aftermarket springs it shouldn't 't be any problem if they were "designed to be used with" the stock struts in the first place; so an aftermarket shock of same OEM length (B6) is fine. No need really go shorter shock (B8) unless you want to be in the "middle of travel" and give up droop.

Saying this as someone who has B8s and super happy with them but would go with B6s if had to do it again.
Hey, I have 2021 se and I want to lower my car with a comfortable set up…. I was thinking about using B6’s instead of B8’s. What are your opinions on which struts and springs to get? I was thinking about get driver gears with B6’s but it seems like no one lowers their cars on B6’s. Can you help me? 😂

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Hey, I have 2021 se and I want to lower my car with a comfortable set up…. I was thinking about using B6’s instead of B8’s. What are your opinions on which struts and springs to get? I was thinking about get driver gears with B6’s but it seems like no one lowers their cars on B6’s. Can you help me? 😂
B6s and B8s are the same w/r to their damping; the difference is the length. On lowering springs, you will typically run the B8 as the shorter length will allow proper pre-load on the springs at full extension. You certainly could run B6s but they *may* be a bit long and the spring *could* be a bit loose. On driver gear spring, I'd think B6s would work just fine. Again, they are the same in terms of their ride.

spessx

Ready to race!
I've got Eibach springs on my non-dcc golf R. The issue I'm having is that the front end crash and bang over minor bumps like recessed manhole covers.

I'm assuming the issue is partly that my bumpstops need to be trimmed to allow more travel.

The B8's have internal bumpstops, correct? Anyone have an idea if the bumpstops are effectively higher or lower than stock?

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
I've got Eibach springs on my non-dcc golf R. The issue I'm having is that the front end crash and bang over minor bumps like recessed manhole covers.

I'm assuming the issue is partly that my bumpstops need to be trimmed to allow more travel.

The B8's have internal bumpstops, correct? Anyone have an idea if the bumpstops are effectively higher or lower than stock?
I can't help with your issue but what do you have? besides stock bump stocks

like B6, B8? which eibach springs? any other suspension mods, spacers, wider wheel then 225, what rims do you have and specs; like off set

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Which dampers are you running? Yes, B6s and 8 struts are monotube so have bumpstop internal on the bottom. You can actually remove it and cut it. I have no idea on length of it overall vs. stock. One thing to keep in mind w/r to bump stops:

Technical | H&R Special Springs, LP. (hrsprings.com)