GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs Review | '17 GTI SE

VL3X

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Looks fantastic!
Thanks! Looks like we're going to have clear skies for the next week, so I might clean her up and take some more pics with other angles. I'll post them here if I do. There are a few more pics on my IG @alxsti too!

Last edited:

2Germans

Passed Driver's Ed
Great write up and car looks fantastic brother!!!

VL3X

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
^^ Hah! Lookin good. Was this with the Eibachs? How is the new OE/Koni setup treating you?

Hammersticks

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
^^ Hah! Lookin good. Was this with the Eibachs? How is the new OE/Koni setup treating you?

No those are the OE sports (and konis) with the TT pads.

The setup is great overall. Only complaint is it being firmer than I would like on crappy roads. Really can’t complain too much overall though. It checks a lot of boxes for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VL3X

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
^^Lookin good sandman! Your review thread is one of the reasons I went with the Prokit. :cool:

VL3X

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Just a ~1500 mile follow-up: It's been a couple months and the springs have been great. A couple weeks ago, I did notice a slight clunking noise from the front driver's side when coming out of my driveway and when going over slow speed bumpy turns or dips in the road. I thought it might have been my front swaybar bushings needing lube, but I took a shot and ordered the proper strut nut socket to try that first. I used that to properly torque that driver's side to 60 Nm and no more clunks! It was an easy fix and I should have used the proper tool to begin with (I "gently" used a battery powered impact driver originally :eek:).

If anyone is interested, this is the socket you need: Schwaben 21mm Strut Nut Socket

sandmangti

Go Kart Champion
Just a ~1500 mile follow-up: It's been a couple months and the springs have been great. A couple weeks ago, I did notice a slight clunking noise from the front driver's side when coming out of my driveway and when going over slow speed bumpy turns or dips in the road. I thought it might have been my front swaybar bushings needing lube, but I took a shot and ordered the proper strut nut socket to try that first. I used that to properly torque that driver's side to 60 Nm and no more clunks! It was an easy fix and I should have used the proper tool to begin with (I "gently" used a battery powered impact driver originally :eek:).

If anyone is interested, this is the socket you need: Schwaben 21mm Strut Nut Socket

Glad to hear it!
Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DrButtDrugs

Passed Driver's Ed

Can't you use an o2 sensor wrench for that?

VL3X

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

VL3X

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Hey guys - Just threw on my winter wheels and wanted to post another update. It's been ~8 months since installing the springs. Since then, she's been driven daily in the city, taken on a couple road trips, and raced a few track days at NJMP and Watkins Glen. The springs have been performing very nicely and I've got no complaints! ? ?

Attachments