GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ecutek

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
This seems interested. I've would just use this for logging though as I'm UM Tuned. How does this compare to VCDS Mobile (HEXNET)? I have VCDS now but it's the HEX-CAN USB so in order to use their mobile I need to upgrade to the HEXNET which is a $250 upgrade. I don't hear many talk about using VCDS Mobile for logging so I'm not sure how good it is.

Also how does JB4 and OBD11 compare for logging? I've heard OBD11 is a pain to log with. I'm on iOS so I'm waiting for the iOS Support so see if it's any better for logging. I'm not sure that's out yet.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'd consider selling my JB4 for this!

This is 10x better than a JB4, just by virtue of ditching a piggyback for a flash tune. EcuTek is a top-tier tuning platform, too.

Is the dongle mated to only on vehicle? It would cool if we can log multiple cars with it.

The dongle will be licensed for one car for tuning, but their docs suggest you can read codes and log PIDs on most modern cars.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
This seems interested. I've would just use this for logging though as I'm UM Tuned. How does this compare to VCDS Mobile (HEXNET)? I have VCDS now but it's the HEX-CAN USB so in order to use their mobile I need to upgrade to the HEXNET which is a $250 upgrade. I don't hear many talk about using VCDS Mobile for logging so I'm not sure how good it is.

Also how does JB4 and OBD11 compare for logging? I've heard OBD11 is a pain to log with. I'm on iOS so I'm waiting for the iOS Support so see if it's any better for logging. I'm not sure that's out yet.

MiamiBourne, I'm UM tuned as well and have the ecutek for logging. Its way better than vcds for logging. Incredibly easy to setup logging and its all in plain in english.

OBD11 for logging is a pain in the ass, I have that as well. In fact, I have 2 VCDS cables (HEX-CAN and HEX-V2), OBD11 for android, OBD11 for iphone and ecutek is by far the simplest to log with.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Get it.. you want it. Then let's meet up and see if I will read my 1.8 ECU. Buy you dinner at Tony's. ;)

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
This is 10x better than a JB4, just by virtue of ditching a piggyback for a flash tune. EcuTek is a top-tier tuning platform, too.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on EcuTek supporting the 1.8s. I'm hoping HP Tuners comes though.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
EcuTek’s email reply to me asking about 1.8T support:

For VW, currently the 1.8T is not supported but it is in the roadmap to be supported over the next few months. Currently we don't have a list of the codes, but we do have a fact sheet that shows you the model coverage currently. Have a look at this link: http://www.ecutek.com/downloads/marketing/factsheets/EcuTek Fact Sheet - VW Audi Group.pdf
The maps to control and calibrate the MPI will hopefully be covered in the ROM support process ad this should allow you to calibrate a stage 2 car easily. It will take time however for us to find and add all of these maps etc for these new cars.

The issue you will find initially with VW is the Cal IDs that are supported. The ROM adding team is at full stretch getting as many as we can supported and we should be pretty much covered in the next 2 months or so.

Regards

EcuTek Technologies Ltd

Last edited: