GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS tuning selling open-box returns?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Damn, you guys are rough on ECS. Granted, everything I've ordered has been fine thus far and no issues... I suppose it can vary for everyone but doesn't everyone just join a forum to complain anyway? How many people ordered from them and joined the forum to say how great everything went?

Personally, I've ordered a lot from them and never had an issue that I can recall. From the mk6 to now mk7. Everything was timely (minus my current spoiler ordered due to distribution issues all over country). I also had to get an order returned in mid-transit so I didn't have to pay to ship it back and they were able to do that for me. Can't say I have any negative things to say about them yet...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don’t fuck with ecs. I’ve gotten lied to on stock way too many times

urotuning however, no issues. At all. Proper expectations are set all the time.

Urotuning is my first choice actually. I've run into the "in stock" not actually being in stock with NGP & BMP.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Urotuning is my first choice actually. I've run into the "in stock" not actually being in stock with NGP & BMP.
I just call them. They check stock. Send an invoice to my email. And I buy. Never an issue

I called ecs on many separate occasions and they’ll lie and say they have stock and they’ll set improper expectations too.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Damn, you guys are rough on ECS. Granted, everything I've ordered has been fine thus far and no issues... I suppose it can vary for everyone but doesn't everyone just join a forum to complain anyway? How many people ordered from them and joined the forum to say how great everything went?

Personally, I've ordered a lot from them and never had an issue that I can recall. From the mk6 to now mk7. Everything was timely (minus my current spoiler ordered due to distribution issues all over country). I also had to get an order returned in mid-transit so I didn't have to pay to ship it back and they were able to do that for me. Can't say I have any negative things to say about them yet...
I respect that and will only pass judgment based off of my personal experiences.

SamFortun

Passed Driver's Ed
Very late final update, last month I did successfully send it back and received a refund. The final person who reached out to me was very helpful, and once she got involved the return process went smoothly. The point of this thread was never to trash ECS, but rather to post my personal experience. It seems lots of people have had good experiences with them, and I'm glad that to many people ECS is a supportive part of the community. My experience is just one data point for people to consider when they decide where to buy their parts. Unfortunately for me it's my only experience with ECS, and while they did ultimately do the right thing, I will look to other suppliers in the future.