GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS rear stress bar = moar harsh?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I've had the bar in the car for a couple weeks now...and one of the first things I think I noticed is that the car now feels more harsh over uneven road. Is it just me? The last car I had a upper bar was my Corrado...and that was a long time ago and I can't remember what it was like in that car.

Installation was pretty straightforward. Only thing is the the welds on the latch bracket will need to be grinded down if you want that hella flush fit. According to ECS...you don't need to grind the welds on the bracket down.

The ECS bar feels super solid by me trying to move the bar by hand. The end mounts of the Eurocode bar will move if I try to pull on the center of the bar.

I paid $136 for the bar after tax.

I'm going to remove the Eurocode bar and see if I can tell a difference. I'll probably just end up leaving it off.

ecs:ec bar.jpeg

ECS clamp.jpeg

IMG_3794.jpeg

Reactions: MSH

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The lower bar is much more functional, if it's loose you need to adjust the preload or check the bolts (they come with loctite for a reason). I noticed zero difference after adding an upper bar.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
If you want to unload the lower bar, I may be interested. Already did the front shock tower bar, looking for a rear and the Eurocode is low enough it won't be an issue with my dogs in the back.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The lower bar is much more functional, if it's loose you need to adjust the preload or check the bolts (they come with loctite for a reason). I noticed zero difference after adding an upper bar.

Both bars are installed and tensioned as per the instructions. ECS wants you to shorten the bar to pull the brackets in to tension. Eurocode wants you to push the ends out. The Eurocode bar is held on my one bolt on each end.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I only run a Eurosporttac upper only bar and it was plenty noticeable, I didn’t go with that lower bars design cause by design only as it seemed like it Would be minimal in gains since it’s so close to pan that’s already doing the same thing for being the connecting points of the rear rails in addition to the lower rear subframe.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I've had the bar in the car for a couple weeks now...and one of the first things I think I noticed is that the car now feels more harsh over uneven road. Is it just me? The last car I had a upper bar was my Corrado...and that was a long time ago and I can't remember what it was like in that car.

Installation was pretty straightforward. Only thing is the the welds on the latch bracket will need to be grinded down if you want that hella flush fit. According to ECS...you don't need to grind the welds on the bracket down.

The ECS bar feels super solid by me trying to move the bar by hand. The end mounts of the Eurocode bar will move if I try to pull on the center of the bar.

I paid $136 for the bar after tax.

I'm going to remove the Eurocode bar and see if I can tell a difference. I'll probably just end up leaving it off.

View attachment 236309

View attachment 236310

View attachment 236311
Why buy 2 separate bars when you could have just bought this one by Euro Sport?

https://www.eurosportacc.com/products/euro-sport-rear-x-brace-stress-bar-vw-mk7-gti-golf-golf-r

Last edited:

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
. Great for track driving but makes it pretty miserable driving on the street.
And now that little calm Angel on my shoulder is telling me to add removing my braces to the de-mod list to get back to a comfortable street drive 😅😅

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Why buy 2 separate bars when you could have just bought this one by Euro Sport?

https://www.eurosportacc.com/products/euro-sport-rear-x-brace-stress-bar-vw-mk7-gti-golf-golf-r

I got the Eurocode off a local a two years ago at super bro deal. I skipped the Eurosport bar because I didn't want to drill into my car. I also put things in the back of my car that required me to fold me seats down...so having a bar that blocks access wasn't really too practical. That was also a reason why I never got the Racing Line bar. The ECS bar is mounted high enough so that I can still slide things under it like my road bike and mountain bike wheels.

I've been waiting for an high mount bar for some time...and nobody made one...unitil ECS. The ECS bar at $136 shipped is a no lose purchase for me.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Well yes, chassis bracing is going to make it more harsh. I've got 8 total braces on my car, granted it's a mk6...but same concept. Great for track driving but makes it pretty miserable driving on the street.

The harsher ride was the first thing I noticed when I first drove the car. It's not crazy harsh...but it's noticeable. I didn't get that feeling with the Eurocode bar after the install.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Never noticed increase in harshness.
Can feel less flex and seal noise from rear doors due to driveway entrance flex.

Attachments

• C44CC668-A059-4BCA-B7BB-88DBDD8E6D31.jpeg
    C44CC668-A059-4BCA-B7BB-88DBDD8E6D31.jpeg
    619.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 16C2AA9A-F29F-4D84-A444-83E20A9A87B4.jpeg
    16C2AA9A-F29F-4D84-A444-83E20A9A87B4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
  • 59465705-2644-4141-BB69-B609252A91C3.jpeg
    59465705-2644-4141-BB69-B609252A91C3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 134

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Never noticed increase in harshness.
Can feel less flex and seal noise from rear doors due to driveway entrance flex.
Jeezzzus, that thing looks like a big ugly cargo net. Whoever designed that should be taken out back and beaten down to a bloody pulp.

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
And now that little calm Angel on my shoulder is telling me to add removing my braces to the de-mod list to get back to a comfortable street drive 😅😅
Which ones do you have if I may ask?