GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Performance Clutches For 2006+ 2.0T 6 Speed VW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Excited and don't want to read click HERE to view the new ECS Stage 2 Performance Clutch and Lightweight flywheel combo

TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHTS - OEM - 41.03lbs / ECS 31.15lbs

After nearly half a decade of in-house engineering, testing and retesting of multiple iterations of prototypes, across a wide range of Stage 2 tuned vehicles, we are excited to give you our best clutch kit yet! Our kit is engineered to reliably hold 400 ft/lbs of crank torque and feature specifically selected components for performance and daily driving styles while retaining easy commuting characteristics and enthusiast-minded control and feedback!

ECS Stage 2 Performance Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel

Are you looking to make more power from your VW but afraid of melting your factory clutch with the increase in power? All too often most tunes near Stage 2 power levels will destroy your clutch the moment you even think about getting into the boost. The unfortunate consequence used to be an expensive clutch upgrade that would break the bank and sacrifice the ease of driveability. Well, at ECS we felt the same pain and decided to carry on our legacy of designing and creating top quality, easy to drive, affordable performance clutch and flywheel kits, now available for your Volkswagen MK5/MK6/MK7 2.0T platform (or similar) 6 speed vehicles.

PART DESIGN

CLUTCH DISC

240mm Full face, high performance organic friction material with integrated copper for enhanced heat dissipation and a long component life

OE-like marcel friction backing plate design for smooth engagement with dual stage damping springs to reduce gear noise, driveline chatter, and for smooth engagement

PRESSURE PLATE

Increased clamp force over OEM, rated at 1,685lbs of pressure

THROWOUT BEARING

Genuine OEM for ease of install and reliable operation

CLUTCH ALIGNMENT TOOL

VW 2.0T Specific Design, made for perfect fitment into crank bore

Perfect clutch disc spline and size, easy removal with pull tab

PLEASE NOTE: Not all aftermarket clutch kits include this proper alignment tool! We ensured you receive the proper tool for trouble-free installation!

FLYWHEEL

18.85 lb. single mass lightweight flywheel (32% reduction from stock)

Specifically selected weight for ideal combination between daily and sporty driving style; faster revving for quicker gear changes and less rev-hang

Precision CNC machined from Forged 4140-HT Chromoly Steel

Homogeneous material properties promotes even wear and has superior resistance to warpage and chatter

Heat Treated to 28-32 HRC for improved wear resistance

High precision balanced for exceptionally smooth operation at high rpm

Designed and tested by a 3rd party lab to meet SFI 1.1 specification for added quality assurance.

SFI 1.1 specifies the minimum requirements for material strength and quality, as well as a 3rd party lab spin test to 150% of redline for 1 hour to ensure integrity of material and design.

Black Oxide coated for corrosion resistance

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Anyone have any experience with this yet? Looking at a DKM twin disc kit currently which is twice the cost. Does this thing send as much NVH as a Southbend, and the like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I just purchased this exact one today. It will ship monday. I'll update when installed. I'm having a local shop install it so no DIY pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I just purchased this exact one today. It will ship monday. I'll update when installed. I'm having a local shop install it so no DIY pics.

I wouldn’t diy a clutch on any car over $20k [emoji23] A mk4 or mk5 maybe..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolfARGH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf R

Any feedback since you've installed? I'm debating pulling the chord on this one.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Any feedback since you've installed? I'm debating pulling the chord on this one.

I have about 800 miles on it now. Ill have to admit this thing is a lot louder than i would have thought. On idle it sounds like the valves are about to come out of the hood. However, i have turned up my jb4 to map 2 today and it is holding the power very well. Ill be ordering a downpipe soon and an intercooler after that. I have another thread on here that i have been updating. ill keep everyone posted on it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I went with the Sachs Performance. At 400 miles it feels broken in and operates about identically to stock, though I have not pushed it. My mechanic was irritated with me for getting it, but they’re licensed Southbend dealers. I got it from FCP Euro so if it fails, gets thrashed too hard, etc. I get a new one free of charge. I was interested in this one as well, keep us informed :)

Sent from Mognet using Moogles

GolfARGH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I have about 800 miles on it now. Ill have to admit this thing is a lot louder than i would have thought. On idle it sounds like the valves are about to come out of the hood. However, i have turned up my jb4 to map 2 today and it is holding the power very well. Ill be ordering a downpipe soon and an intercooler after that. I have another thread on here that i have been updating. ill keep everyone posted on it.

Well, that's a bit disappointing. I'd prefer a closer to stock experience (particularly as pertains to sound). I've got the downpipe, clutch, and intercooler on my checklist...

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Well, that's a bit disappointing. I'd prefer a closer to stock experience (particularly as pertains to sound). I've got the downpipe, clutch, and intercooler on my checklist...

Get the Sachs TTRS or the 4 puck variant, then. I swear mine is even quieter than stock and holds over 400tq.

Sent from Mognet using Moogles

Status
Not open for further replies.