GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS MK7 GTI/Golf R Intercooler Upgrades!

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
The MK7 GTI and MK7 R both offer excellent performance out of the box. As tuners, though, we always want more. More air, more clout, more power. That's why we set out on a mission to upgrade the performance of your turbocharged hatchback with our brand new Front Mount Intercooler Kit to increase the volume of airflow, decrease temperatures, and improve the efficiency of your boosted baby for more smiles per gallon.

New ECS MK7 GTI Front Mount Intercooler Kit

New ECS MK7 Golf R Front Mount Intercooler Kit

New ECS MK7 GTI Front Mount Intercooler Kit

New ECS MK7 Golf R Front Mount Intercooler Kit

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Looks like a winner! Looks like you guys have been paying attention to things we want/need.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Who welds these, a 5 year old?
Please go ahead and show us how you weld endtanks, or how any other intercooler available looks any different in that department. Enlighten us please, expert of welding.

Last edited:

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Is this the second cheapest fmic for the mk7? If so i think this will be a very big hit due to the illfitting of the Chinese knockoff

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I guess with this one the stock intercooler remains in place just disconnected?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Guess you haven't seen NGP's pictures of these yet.
Do you have pictures or even a link? Looked on their facebook, insta, and website and don't see any ecs tuning intercoolers there. Looking at ecs website the welds aren't the greatest but they're far from bad. If they do in fact test it liek they said they do there's no porblem with that. As it stands now this is the cheapest fmic on the market that isn't Chinese(which btw is very ill fitting)

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Guess you haven't seen NGP's pictures of these yet.
NO idea what that means - but the pics on the website don't look any different than the welds I see on APR's, Neuspeeds, or Unitronic's pricey intercoolers.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Unless the welds break or leak, this sucker will kill the sales for a lot of the other intercoolers! I have great hopes for it.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Do you have pictures or even a link? Looked on their facebook, insta, and website and don't see any ecs tuning intercoolers there. Looking at ecs website the welds aren't the greatest but they're far from bad. If they do in fact test it liek they said they do there's no porblem with that. As it stands now this is the cheapest fmic on the market that isn't Chinese(which btw is very ill fitting)
I found it. It is not the same intercooler. @Crild really should fact check his complaints before posting them. Yes that's a sketchy looking weld in the photo, but it's not the intercooler listed here. @Crild show us on the doll where ECS hurt you. Someone hold @Crild. I'd simply return that sucker if they sent it to me.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I found it. It is not the same intercooler. @Crild really should fact check his complaints before posting them. Yes that's a sketchy looking weld in the photo, but it's not the intercooler listed here. @Crild show us on the doll where ECS hurt you. Someone hold @Crild. I'd simply return that sucker if they sent it to me.

This is the less zoomed in version I’ve seen several different places today.

It’s good for the community to have more options in different price ranges, so I don’t think this will effect any other intercooler sales outside of maybe the eBay/Amazon specials.

There’s plenty of room in this market for everyone to offer their own flavor of mk7 parts.