GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS MK7 GTI Gloss Black Rear Diffuser

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Anyone bite the bullet and buy one yet? I'm not the biggest fan of ECS stuff and have had issues getting parts delivered from them in what I would call a timely manner, but I really like the look of this.
My stock diffuser was cut (before I owned the car) for a rear hitch that I never use, so rather than go with a new stock one this seems like a good upgrade.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/mk7-gti-gloss-black-rear-diffuser/029353ecs01-01kt/

1604071229546.png
1604074217326.png

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I dig it and would be interested but im saving up for all the isweep parts instead!

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Hmm, iSweep one looks almost identical. The transitions between the fins and diffuser body look a little cleaner, but tough to tell from the photos. Wouldn't be surprised at all if ECS copied their design...

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
That's a valence, not a diffuser. The fins are clearly just for looks and do nothing for aero. The fins don't sit low enough in the air stream to provide any benefit. There's nothing wrong with getting it for looks, just know that's all it's for

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
ECS copied and stole another companies design? Color me shocked.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
That's a valence, not a diffuser. The fins are clearly just for looks and do nothing for aero. The fins don't sit low enough in the air stream to provide any benefit. There's nothing wrong with getting it for looks, just know that's all it's for

ECS and iSweep both call it a diffuser, so that's why I'm referring to it as such. I think we all know it's not functional in any way nor do I need it to be. I'm simply looking for a cosmetic change and not have a cutout in my stock "valence" once the hitch is removed.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Hahahaha!!!

thanks for insight, it was eye opening...especially considering we are in the COSMETIC MODS sub forum.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I honestly liked it, especially since its gloss black. But doesn't fit MK7.5 :(

No reason for ECS to make one for the 7.5, the TCR diffuser is better looking and OEM for the same price. Just a long lead time.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I just got the isweep side skirts a couple days ago,

the quality is unreal!
Dude, keep me updated if possible! I am beyond excited to get the whole kit one day. Lot of money though, get the kit. Get it painted... do you think self installation is simple enough or involved to the point you are just better off getting pros to tap into existing stuff?