GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Cast Aluminum Intercooler?

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
nope. I can tell it working well, and I know that is not very scientific. If logging showed I did find that it was less efficient than another more expensive design, which I doubt, I don't care. Its in there, it is clearly well made and performing, and its size gives me room to hopefully have no issues installing the CSF radiator next spring.

good to hear, thanks for your input man.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You should see the good parts companies they bought and destroyed. Feel free to google it.

Why would they buy a parts company and then destroy it? Wouldn't they have incorporated that company into theirs? Why would they spend the money to buy a company only to destroy it?

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
If anyone else has a ecs intercooler please post some feedback. Thanks all!

davidbag

Hi Guys!
I need to buy also a radiator For a 2013 MK7 GTi Performance! Can someone advise me on one really good radiator? Brand and model? Thanks in advance

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
Hi Guys!
I need to buy also a radiator For a 2013 MK7 GTi Performance! Can someone advise me on one really good radiator? Brand and model? Thanks in advance
Unless you are heavily modded and/or track a lot go OEM.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Yeah, between companies they purchased going downhill like Pelican Parts and all the issues with shipping and selling used items as new im done with them. Many years ago I did a lot of business with them for my MK5 GLI and B5 A4 but every transaction I have made recently has been a problem. This is a great group for seeing how they have gone down hill, they have a single rep in it trying his best to fix everything https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969390720044815

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’ve used ECS since 2006ish, and grew up in Ohio.

I still use them from time to time, but in my recent experience it’s been a a 50/50 chance the order arrives correct let alone undamaged.

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
I’ve used ECS since 2006ish, and grew up in Ohio.

I still use them from time to time, but in my recent experience it’s been a a 50/50 chance the order arrives correct let alone undamaged.
I'm not crazy about them and they have screwed up my orders before, but they have always been good about correcting things. Its a plus their parts get to me in two days too.

I usually avoid their assembled by ECS and ECS made stuff though. I've heard they were rough for a while but it seems they got their shit together.