GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Cast Aluminum Intercooler?

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, has anyone installed the new ECS cast aluminum intercooler yet? Any feedback would be great. Im debating between the ECS which is on sale now or the BMS v2 intercooler. Thanks all!

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
BMS because they are a better company. Support good companies.

did BMS fix the fitment issue on their v2 intercoolers? Have you heard of anything?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
BMS because they are a better company. Support good companies.

Why do you have it in for ECS? I've bought some stuff from them and didn't have any problems. In fact they screwed up one order of mine and took care of it and were very apologetic.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Why do you have it in for ECS? I've bought some stuff from them and didn't have any problems. In fact they screwed up one order of mine and took care of it and were very apologetic.
Agreed. Ive had no issues whatsover. When I bought the ECS intercooler for instance, the salesperson was helpful, the installation documentation was outstanding, the intercooler fit perfectly and has performed better than expected.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
OP, are you referring to the stock location intercooler or the front mount? I have the stock location, which is not only in stock, but $40 less than I paid.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
OP, are you referring to the stock location intercooler or the front mount? I have the stock location, which is not only in stock, but $40 less than I paid.
Im talking about the stock location intercooler. How do you like the ECS stock location intercooler? Any issues with fitting?

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Fit perfectly, very happy with it. Look at the 5th post on this thread, I left a link to a relatively detailed chronicle of my experience thus far with it.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Fit perfectly, very happy with it. Look at the 5th post on this thread, I left a link to a relatively detailed chronicle of my experience thus far with it.
Looks like its doing well. Have you logged IAT's at all?

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Looks like its doing well. Have you logged IAT's at all?
nope. I can tell it working well, and I know that is not very scientific. If logging showed I did find that it was less efficient than another more expensive design, which I doubt, I don't care. Its in there, it is clearly well made and performing, and its size gives me room to hopefully have no issues installing the CSF radiator next spring.