GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECM service campaign? Action Code 24FX

itsjonduhh

Car(s)
2021 GTI S
how long did the service take you guys? trying to see if i can do this during the workday or weekend.

i also have an passenger airbag error that needs checking out...

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
how long did the service take you guys? trying to see if i can do this during the workday or weekend.

6hrs for me from drop off to pickup (9am - 3pm). The update itself is very fast, if nothing goes wrong, the extra time is just the backlog of other cars in line ahead.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Just the update itself? about 30 minutes - 45 minutes on my wife's stock gli

on the gti, took about twice as long since they reflashed my apr tune back on

lplim

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 GTI (LB9Z)
Just performed my 24FX a few weeks ago. Popped my JB4 off a few weeks prior to scheduled date, and it was performed with no issues.

A couple of notable differences:

- Car feels 'lighter' to drive - more responsive and a lot smoother daily driving.
- Cruise Control Error intermittently pops up. Anyone know a workaround for this?

As mentioned on another thread, I have a few changes done via OBDEleven - could this be causing me issues with the CC?:
- Golf R Traction System Sequence
- Responsive Throttle Response

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I had this update done on my rabbit last week without any issues. I’ve also done many obd11 tweaks and not sure if they’ve changed (I did not check). Also my upgraded retro fitted mib2 radio continued to function as usual (coding was done to make this work for my trim).

I did notice that my passenger mirror dip was reset. It did not dip at all and I had to set the mirror position again. Otherwise car is performing as usual with a shortened cold startup.

Also for anyone tuned with a Cobb AP, I completely removed and unmarried the device before going in. I was expecting a TD1 notice but they didn’t mention anything and nothing is noted on my final invoice. The whole service was done in 4 hours.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just performed my 24FX a few weeks ago. Popped my JB4 off a few weeks prior to scheduled date, and it was performed with no issues.

- Car feels 'lighter' to drive - more responsive and a lot smoother daily driving.
- Cruise Control Error intermittently pops up. Anyone know a workaround for this?

As mentioned on another thread, I have a few changes done via OBDEleven - could this be causing me issues with the CC?:
- Golf R Traction System Sequence
- Responsive Throttle Response
Did you mention to the dealer the changes you made?

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI

Judt got mine done last month. I agree with the first point, that's a good way to describe it. No issues with and errors popping up though.