GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECM service campaign? Action Code 24FX

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
VWoA sends the letters out. If you've moved since your purchase, you may not get it. You can check https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls to see if your VIN is included in the campaign.

I just got mine back (airbox mods only) and took a short drive (have to start dinner) and here's the major things I noticed.
Start/Stop is smoother, it used to clunk when stopping and vibrates when starting. Most of that is gone now.
Accel is smoother in D but still laggy (I mostly drive in S)

Maybe related, maybe because adapations are reset? Dunno, I can only speculate.
I've picked up some DSG farts at a much lower RPM, previously I'd only get them over 5k. Got a few small farts around 4200rpm now and there is a bit more burble. I doubt it's related, but I got more farts on this drive home than in the months since I changed to the TCR suitcase.
Exhaust doesn't sound the same, it's lower in tone and seems to have more of a growl.
Happy for you that you now have earlier farts.
😂

timbozi

Car(s)
2020 GTI S - pp
stock. updated yesterday, picked up this morning. immediately noticed an improvement in throttle response. thought that i was imagining it until i found this thread. (oooh, collective mind mellld)

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I would assume so. Call the dealer
I forgot to ask when I was in getting the issue with the BSM fixed.

I assume this is not quite like a TSB where they just do it if the VIN says it's applicable? Requires an owner complaint/request? Is that SOP for VW these days?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I forgot to ask when I was in getting the issue with the BSM fixed.

I assume this is not quite like a TSB where they just do it if the VIN says it's applicable? Requires an owner complaint/request? Is that SOP for VW these days?
u got me there, I'd call vw's customer support. Give them your vin and they will definitely let u know if you have to do it or now. i think the 24fx is mostly meant for those of us that have to run the vw508 0w20 oil. i remember @GTIfan99 mentioning this update being the next stage of bug fixes for ecu's running the thinner oil

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
The info posted above is also all we dealers got. I can check the campaign circular in the morning to verify.

This update was released earlier this month. Havent had mine updated yet as I'd have to pull my tune and who wants to do that.
Bryan, thanks for reply. What job are you at dealer?
Any chance this update might affect early MYs in particular ECM software update that fixes throttle body glitches?

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
I took mine in on Monday this week. Flashed car back to stock prior to going and they literally made no mention of it so I guess it doesn't matter? or its dealer based....for reference I used Kearney Mesa VW near SD area.
Thats my fav dealer in SD. Most tech expertise per a knowledgeable friend-mech.

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
I actually had that issue when I first got the car, but I fixed that by doing the reset/calibration procedure that involves holding the window switch in the up or down position for several seconds (I can't remember which).

The issue that came up more recently was that I'd hear a tapping/clicking noise when the window was going down (though not up). It actually seemed to resolve itself and was likely due to some particularly dry trim or something. The rain yesterday might've moistened up the trim just enough to eliminate the noise. I was just concerned because I'm going to be rolling the windows up/down more as the weather warms up and I'd hate to have a bad regulator ruin my day.
I had the same clicking/rhythmic rubbing sound for a bit during salty/dusty winter use not long ago- kinda freaked me out as bad window mech with multiple repairs using junkyard parts, chinesium after market due OEM long ago NLA was the last straw on a beloved older vw wagon...🤣

But its stopped since a couple car washes...(fingers crossed). There is no way I am taking these doors apart...🤣

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Happy for you that you now have earlier farts.
😂
Jim- you seem very knowledgeable so replying here, but please any others with dealer insider expertise feel free to opine:

Noob question: does this firmware update apply to earlier MY?
2017 Alltrack 6MT stock and before I take it to an APR dealer for simple stage 1 I'd like to be sure VW firmware is up to date first, as APR shop does not have access to do so.

Note my VIN does not pull up recalls, but correct me if I am wring but NHTSA website doesnt show TSBs and firmware changes by VIN, unless it has risen to the level of a safety recall (see pano leaks).

So how does a noob like me keep track?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Jim- you seem very knowledgeable so replying here, but please any others with dealer insider expertise feel free to opine:

Noob question: does this firmware update apply to earlier MY?
2017 Alltrack 6MT stock and before I take it to an APR dealer for simple stage 1 I'd like to be sure VW firmware is up to date first, as APR shop does not have access to do so.

Note my VIN does not pull up recalls, but correct me if I am wring but NHTSA website doesnt show TSBs and firmware changes by VIN, unless it has risen to the level of a safety recall (see pano leaks).

So how does a noob like me keep track?
I’m not Jim but here goes.

but before getting a tune flashed make an appointment at the dealer. Ask that the radio and ecu be updated to the latest version.