GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Twintercooler

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Nah, I'm all set. Fuck that "It's a dry heat!" shit. I'll stick with my beautiful 80 degree days.
I would stick with those temperatures too. And thankfully it's a dry heat (low humidity) or it wouldn't be livable. It's barely liveable with low humidity.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Well I didnt listen to Chrismk77 and I tried to get a log with the JB4 and im pretty sure on the second pull below the car went into limp mode. Threw a bunch of codes; had a flashing CEL and EPC light on. I turned the car off and then back on after I took a screen shot of the codes and it drove just fine. It was 90 out and on the second log you can see temps within 10 degrees of ambient, though I didn't get to finish 3rd gear for the pull. Ill have to get a clean pull with and log with the access port tomorrow.

I was going to keep the jb4 for the guages and possibly for a w/m controller in the future, but it just doesn't seem worth the risk for it to keep switching maps automatically. I don't know why it is doing that. I am definatey going to keep it unplugged and I may just sell it on here seeing that I dont have much use for it if it is going to keep acting like this.

https://datazap.me/u/vwgtilife/ac?log=0&data=1-4

https://datazap.me/u/vwgtilife/log-1624240681?log=0&data=1-4

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well I didnt listen to Chrismk77 and I tried to get a log with the JB4 and im pretty sure on the second pull below the car went into limp mode. Threw a bunch of codes; had a flashing CEL and EPC light on. I turned the car off and then back on after I took a screen shot of the codes and it drove just fine. It was 90 out and on the second log you can see temps within 10 degrees of ambient, though I didn't get to finish 3rd gear for the pull. Ill have to get a clean pull with and log with the access port tomorrow.

I was going to keep the jb4 for the guages and possibly for a w/m controller in the future, but it just doesn't seem worth the risk for it to keep switching maps automatically. I don't know why it is doing that. I am definatey going to keep it unplugged and I may just sell it on here seeing that I dont have much use for it if it is going to keep acting like this.

https://datazap.me/u/vwgtilife/ac?log=0&data=1-4

https://datazap.me/u/vwgtilife/log-1624240681?log=0&data=1-4
Ask George at BMS. He's very helpful.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I'll be installing a majesty IC sometime soon and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to clean out the inside of the IC?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I'll be installing a majesty IC sometime soon and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to clean out the inside of the IC?
I don't think it's necessary, I didn't do it for my ic, but if you wanted to run compressed air thru it to blow it out I don't see anything wrong with that

Jentzchristian

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Mine was clean. You will want some better clamps unless they now ship with proper which I doubt. Just disconnect existing I/C hoses and cut 2 1.5” long pieces stuff them in the kits bigger silicone hoses with gasket sealer …It also helps to warm hoses in sun before installing for flexibility.. These are the clamps that work the best.

Attachments

• 385BAC82-5966-4C1E-B740-B925BCEC8954.png
    385BAC82-5966-4C1E-B740-B925BCEC8954.png
    534 KB · Views: 61

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Mine was clean. You will want some better clamps unless they now ship with proper which I doubt. Just disconnect existing I/C hoses and cut 2 1.5” long pieces stuff them in the kits bigger silicone hoses with gasket sealer …It also helps to warm hoses in sun before installing for flexibility.. These are the clamps that work the best.
What size clamps does it use?

Looking at the picture in the add it looks like they might include a coupling that can be used as a spacer. I'll have to see when it gets here. I'd prefer not to cut any of the stock parts just in case I need to put it back.
Screenshot 2022-05-20 104604.png

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

Looking at the picture in the add it looks like they might include a coupling that can be used as a spacer. I'll have to see when it gets here. I'd prefer not to cut any of the stock parts just in case I need to put it back.
View attachment 249766
Buy a 2.25" OD silicone coupler that is about 4-6" long and cut in half. One piece for each side.
Fit inside the new tube and then onto the stock intercooler.
I used the clamps that came with mine and they worked fine.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Buy a 2.25" OD silicone coupler that is about 4-6" long and cut in half. One piece for each side.
Fit inside the new tube and then onto the stock intercooler.
I used the clamps that came with mine and they worked fine.

Doesn't even have to be that long. I ordered this when installing mine, cut in half it worked perfectly fine.

HPS HTSC-225-BLK Silicone High Temperature 4-Ply Reinforced Straight Coupler Hose, 100 PSI Maximum Pressure, 3" Length, 2.25" ID, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NXIYIK/

Jentzchristian

Car(s)
2017 GTI

Looking at the picture in the add it looks like they might include a coupling that can be used as a spacer. I'll have to see when it gets here. I'd prefer not to cut any of the stock parts just in case I need to put it

View attachment 249766
You don’t need to buy anything just the 2- 3.25 T clamp that’s it if it comes with coupling’s and you will want to secure with extra hardware aka screws or nuts bolts. It’s clearly marked 325T and if you read summits description it tells you circumference.
that is all

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
My IC just came in today, and I can confirm that it did include the extra coupling piece. It seems slightly smaller than the 2.25" couplings on the main section so I'll probably order the Amazon one to have on hand just in case.

Jentzchristian

Car(s)
2017 GTI
My IC just came in today, and I can confirm that it did include the extra coupling piece. It seems slightly smaller than the 2.25" couplings on the main section so I'll probably order the Amazon one to have on hand just in case.
Not needed- don’t overthink it.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
I'd rather have it, not need it, and return it. Then have the front end all apart and try and source one.
How did it go? Thinking of picking one of these up soon. I have a 7.5 wagon, not sure if I’ll need to trim lol.