GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Twintercooler

Jentzchristian

Car(s)
2017 GTI
I purchased the magic mabotech clone and was directed by a guy in my tuner group to buy the 2.5” couplers for stock Intercooler connection- My question is did he point me wrong and is it in fact the 2.25” that I need for this

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I purchased the magic mabotech clone and was directed by a guy in my tuner group to buy the 2.5” couplers for stock Intercooler connection- My question is did he point me wrong and is it in fact the 2.25” that I need for this

Depending on the version that you go the outlet on the bi cooler hose that connects to the oem intercooler is either very large or the right size. If your OEM piping OD is 2.25 I would imagine that you would need a 2.25 inch ID coupler. This should hopefully bring the overall OD up to 2.5 inch so that you can clamp down on too.

Jentzchristian

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Depending on the version that you go the outlet on the bi cooler hose that connects to the oem intercooler is either very large or the right size. If your OEM piping OD is 2.25 I would imagine that you would need a 2.25 inch ID coupler. This should hopefully bring the overall OD up to 2.5 inch so that you can clamp down on too.
I used the stock hoses cut about 1 3/4” off to close the gap also had to buy some mishimoto 3.25” couplings so it would hold @30psi the 2.75” supplied wouldnt do the job due to o.d.

Jentzchristian

Car(s)
2017 GTI
hello I have a golf 7 gti jb4 card 1
I want to mount a Majestic twincooler cooler
I live in the south of France where it is very hot
what do you think of the twincooler? car a lot of conflicting opinions? thank you
I find it works ok the 2.75” tclamps supplied do not open enough to get around stock Intercooler inlets and the silicone hoses are too big so you have to cut a few inches off old hoses that you take off and glue in to close the gap and then have proper fitment to stock inlets- at idle you won’t notice much but at 90degrees running 75mph it was about 30 degrees above ambient max with air conditioning on and 25 without. They are ok but may impede air flow to stock cooler .I used some mishimoto 3.25” springhinge tclamps from summit racing to fit over stock inlets- the hoses are easier to put on and adjust when warm too so use heat gun or dryer at low setting to make more plyable. You may be better off replacing the stock Intercooler with aftermarket? Also you will not see a reduction in boost- all in all I certainly wouldn’t spend more than 290-300 for the kit .. people have luck with the g kit too I guess on Amazon I have also seen IAT’s as low as 32 degrees with 40 degree days! I also have stock air box with k&n and the massive MST v2 turbo inlet with hose that dropped IAT’s dramatically

Last edited:

Jentzchristian

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Pics

Attachments

• A8A1EB5F-4C36-4C13-AB05-8051F73D7959.jpeg
    A8A1EB5F-4C36-4C13-AB05-8051F73D7959.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 225
  • 38E86E1C-2788-479A-9CBE-21D014C2EF33.jpeg
    38E86E1C-2788-479A-9CBE-21D014C2EF33.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 207
  • 0529C1B7-948D-47DF-9F1D-75E9F992A149.jpeg
    0529C1B7-948D-47DF-9F1D-75E9F992A149.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 219

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I find it works ok the 2.75” tclamps supplied do not open enough to get around stock Intercooler inlets and the silicone hoses are too big so you have to cut a few inches off old hoses that you take off and glue in to close the gap and then have proper fitment to stock inlets- at idle you won’t notice much but at 90degrees running 75mph it was about 30 degrees above ambient max with air conditioning on and 25 without. They are ok but may impede air flow to stock cooler .I used some mishimoto 3.25” springhinge tclamps from summit racing to fit over stock inlets- the hoses are easier to put on and adjust when warm too so use heat gun or dryer at low setting to make more plyable. You may be better off replacing the stock Intercooler with aftermarket? Also you will not see a reduction in boost- all in all I certainly wouldn’t spend more than 290-300 for the kit .. people have luck with the g kit too I guess on Amazon I have also seen IAT’s as low as 32 degrees with 40 degree days! I also have stock air box with k&n and the massive MST v2 turbo inlet with hose that dropped IAT’s dramatically
Struggling to understand how you can have lower IATs than ambient.

Jentzchristian

Car(s)
2017 GTI
Hi, nice
thank you for your feedback, in fact I want to mount an intercooler which can be removed if the car is sold.
on my old gti i had an oem fmic localization and it was a great job that i don't want to duplicate
on my golf 7 gti i will stay in map 1 or 2 in jb4. does the mabotech copy do the job under 280/300 whp at 30 or 35 degrees celcius?
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Upgrade-FMI...-Volkswagen-Golf-R-GTI-MK7-2-0T-/202403589484
Yes it does a fair job at those temps- the climate is dryer where I’m at and on a 90 degree day it stayed at 109 and 120 at stops but then the faster the speed the cooler it got-!today It was 55 and IAT’s were 63 after hard pulls. When you mount the cooler you will have to bend the passenger side mount flange- it’s very easy I used some self tappers to screw in and secure it better.. The more air that moves thru the intake with minimal throttle is how it cools it. That’s the link where I bought mine- and a word of advice - if you wait a day they will send you a price reduction after searching it so keep going to the pages and leave. Guarantee they will offer for 300$