GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Twintercooler

JTM88

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
My IC just came in today, and I can confirm that it did include the extra coupling piece. It seems slightly smaller than the 2.25" couplings on the main section so I'll probably order the Amazon one to have on hand just in case.

Jentzchristian

Car(s)
2017 GTI
My IC just came in today, and I can confirm that it did include the extra coupling piece. It seems slightly smaller than the 2.25" couplings on the main section so I'll probably order the Amazon one to have on hand just in case.
Not needed- don’t overthink it.

zwalk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
I'd rather have it, not need it, and return it. Then have the front end all apart and try and source one.
How did it go? Thinking of picking one of these up soon. I have a 7.5 wagon, not sure if I’ll need to trim lol.

JTM88

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
How did it go? Thinking of picking one of these up soon. I have a 7.5 wagon, not sure if I’ll need to trim lol.
All in all it went pretty smooth. I'm glad a had a spare coupling because I screwed up the included one when I tried to trim it.

The only real issuer I ran into was the clamps that go on the stock intercooler where slightly to small, so I had to use some screw style clamps I had on hand.

I bought some t-clamps on amazon to replace them with when I get a chance.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
All in all it went pretty smooth. I'm glad a had a spare coupling because I screwed up the included one when I tried to trim it.

The only real issuer I ran into was the clamps that go on the stock intercooler where slightly to small, so I had to use some screw style clamps I had on hand.

I'd check to make sure you don't have any boost leaks. I found that when I doubled up the couplers on the stock location intercooler I was bleeding a small amount of air through the coupler I had cut.

zwalk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSW 4motion

Mind if I ask what you installed it on?

zwalk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
I only ask because I’m wondering if the fitment will suck on my wagon.

did the included hoses work? And did it come with everything necessary? Aside from the clamps I guess I hear they’re bad I’ll probably Order new ones

JTM88

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Mind if I ask what you installed it on?
- It was on a MK 7 GTI without the front assist. I have no idea how it would fit on a wagon.

- The hoses fit fine, except for the stock radiator where you need the smaller one to fill in the gap.

- I did spray some hairspray in the hoses to make them easier to slide on, then once it dries it acts like a weak adhesive

- The only clamps that I had to replace were the two larger ones for the stock IC. The other four were fine

- If you have a secondary air injection pump will have to bend the bracket that holds the electrical connector so that the hose doesn't fit, but that's easy enough to do.

- I did the installation by myself and used a jack to hold the IC up to mark the holes and I was able to get it just about perfectly level.

zwalk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Nice. Sounds great. I’m not sure about the secondary air injection to be perfectly honest I’ll have to see. Hairspray is a nice tip. Unsure what you mean with the stock radiator bit but I’m sure once I’m in there it will make itself clear.

zwalk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
- It was on a MK 7 GTI without the front assist. I have no idea how it would fit on a wagon.

- The hoses fit fine, except for the stock radiator where you need the smaller one to fill in the gap.

- I did spray some hairspray in the hoses to make them easier to slide on, then once it dries it acts like a weak adhesive

- The only clamps that I had to replace were the two larger ones for the stock IC. The other four were fine

- If you have a secondary air injection pump will have to bend the bracket that holds the electrical connector so that the hose doesn't fit, but that's easy enough to do.

- I did the installation by myself and used a jack to hold the IC up to mark the holes and I was able to get it just about perfectly level.
It comes with brackets right?