GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Twintercooler

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The core size looks different from the Mabo unit, so fitment might be a little easier. It'll perform better than Forge's.

This core is just under 40% smaller (according to the eBay link) than the one I use in my kit, which is similar to Mabotech.

My numbers may not be spot on since centimeters don’t transfer to nice square numbers in inches and I wasn’t writing down exact decimal points when I calculated the core size.

IMO if you’re gonna go the eBay route the “magic” factory location would definitely out perform this little guy

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I’m going to mount this in front of the big boy 16.4L Magic. Lol.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Subbed. Need an IC for south Florida. Been putting off the buy because of the install. This seems a lot easier.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Subbed as well. I'm aiming for an eventual stage 2 at the rate I am going and have been on the lookout for a relatively easy intercooler install, though I am not so sure if the money spent on this will be worth it compared to shelling out another $300-400 for an aftermarket FMIC or IC.

Last edited:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
This core is just under 40% smaller (according to the eBay link) than the one I use in my kit, which is similar to Mabotech.

My numbers may not be spot on since centimeters don’t transfer to nice square numbers in inches and I wasn’t writing down exact decimal points when I calculated the core size.

IMO if you’re gonna go the eBay route the “magic” factory location would definitely out perform this little guy

So.... not sure where to start... but CC to Inches^2 is a pretty easy conversion. If you don't know your own numbers / can't do the conversion, how can you say its 40% smaller? With out any logs, how can you say the "magic" IC would out perform the ebay twintercooler?

Pretty easy to say I'm 40% taller than you since I don't know how tall you are... and in fact don't know how tall I am.

Edit: Laughing all over the place here.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So.... not sure where to start... but CC to Inches^2 is a pretty easy conversion. If you don't know your own numbers / can't do the conversion, how can you say its 40% smaller? With out any logs, how can you say the "magic" IC would out perform the ebay twintercooler?

Pretty easy to say I'm 40% taller than you since I don't know how tall you are... and in fact don't know how tall I am.

Without moving out .0000 decimal points its 39% smaller volume core than my 22x9.25x3.25” core

I was taking about converting CM to inches, then figured out volume. In the time you just spent complaining you could’ve done the math...

Nobody said I didn’t know the numbers.

Last edited:

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Need to account for the OEM IC size too right?

Auditech

Passed Driver's Ed
Either way I'm not going past stage 2 on my daily driver so this option seems suited for my situation, if I was going to try to squeeze every ounce of power I'd be looking at a big efficient front mount like Jake's.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Need to account for the OEM IC size too right?

yes. this is run with stock IC still operational, it's not a stand alone FMIC.

Correct! And the stock unit does a great job at helping to hold the AC condenser in place and not much else.

If any of you guys have been on this forum at all you’ve seen that I’m genuinely here to help the community, not myself.

If you’re dead set on getting a Bicooler id suggest Mabotech, it’s the only one big enough to compete with the other aftermarket options.

Forge logs the very worst of all available options, so I don’t see why it’s twin brother would be any different. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16070

The eBay factory location intercooler does a night and day better job and cost less, so if it’s a saving money thing you’d get much better value for your dollar going that route.

For those saying “just stage 2” don’t forget that at stage 2 you’re making 100whp over what the stock turbo was intended to make. High boost from a smaller turbo is hotter air than lower or equivalent boost from a larger turbo (more CFM, cooler denser air).

Last edited:

crystalwhiteveedub

Gas Sipper
Car(s)
2009 5 Door GTI
Like Jake is saying if youre deadset on twin cooling Mabotech is the way. For single intercooler(fmic) the Vibrant core in his kit is far superior to Neuspeed or CTS.

Fwiw, im pushing 32psi and 500whp on a Unitronic (one of the smallest) dorect replacement intercooler and methanol. Methanol in my opinion shows far superior gains to any additional intercooler.

Auditech

Passed Driver's Ed
I respect your opinion Jake, but once again I'm not looking to push the turbo all the time, just every once and a while on the highway to blow past someone who's cocky. So like I said I think this option suits me just fine, something a little better than stock without the hassle of pulling the rad support apart. I've done it many times at work and I'm not a fan of the way they come apart.