GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EBAY Front Bumper Lip

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's just a generic front lip, not specifically for a GTI. One made to actually follow the curves of the GTI bumper would look much better.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
what a misleading picture! looks nothing like the actual product pictures

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Look into this lip from Beri-backer if you have a mk 7.5. They just came out with it last week. I have it and love mine.

Attachments

• 20210110_130601.jpg
    20210110_130601.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 414
  • received_443713713479367.jpeg
    received_443713713479367.jpeg
    644.4 KB · Views: 669

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Two piece screw together? I wouldn't be surprised if a strong wind broke it with the car not moving.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I've also read of Maxtons and Aerofabbs coming off. A Flow Designs didn't break...but it ripped apart the bottom of the bumper.

Maxtons is straight up garbage; cheap, brittle plastic that falls apart easily. I know because I used to have one before switching to Aerofabb. For the Aerofabb to fly off, guarantee it wasn't installed correctly because there's no way it would fly off when installed correctly. That lip is solid when bolted together on the car.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Maxtons is straight up garbage; cheap, brittle plastic that falls apart easily. I know because I used to have one before switching to Aerofabb. For the Aerofabb to fly off, guarantee it wasn't installed correctly because there's no way it would fly off when installed correctly. That lip is solid when bolted together on the car.
With the reinforced brace theres no way for aerofabbs to fly off unless like you said it was installed wrong

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

That's why I believe Aerofabb came up with the brace. There are cases where the V1 lips were pulling the lower part of the bumper down. I just installed the V2 with the brace. It replaced the Maxton V2...which gave me no issues.

I guess it depends on what would you rather have happen when you hit something...the lip break...or the lip not break and have it rip the lower part of your bumper off.

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti