GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Easthood Racing's Time Attack/Getaway Driver GTI

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
@jimlloyd40 @Gptuners I received a response from Spulen today.

"The V2 works perfectly. V3 is not yet confirmed, and when it is, it will be a solid 18-24 months before release."

Will probably pull the trigger on the V2 shortly or in the offseason, depending on how many more track days I can schedule for this year.

Last edited:

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S

"The V2 works perfectly. V3 is not yet confirmed, and when it is, it will be a solid 18-24 months before release."

Will probably pull the trigger on the V2 shortly or in the offseason, depending on how many more track days I can schedule for this year.
Thanks for remembering!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I appreciate the update also. Thanks.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
There u have it! 100% worth it for now.

I suppose I should update this thread to accommodate my current dogbone saga where i keep breaking shit I shouldn'tbe able to break lol

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Yes please! Haha. I forget, were you running just an insert or a full pendulum mount?
Full pendulum.
Yes i know I'm late

Oh i managed to break the VWR one too so I'm having something special by them made :D

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
So,

It’s been a good while since I’ve posted here or really anywhere about the car and my progress with it. Mainly because just so much has happened at once its kinda hard to take in. One moment I’m in Canada competing in a national championship and the next, there's a pandemic, I’m on the discovery channel racing and I have a house??????

Crazy right?

So in one last ditch effort I’m hoping to try and monitor this journey I put myself on.

I’m going to style it like this. With every new or current addition or change I’ll follow up with a prior one. I get asked a lot about what's all done to the car. Then I get foggy eyed, my mouth gets numb, and my brain just remembers all the times my bank account could have had more than 3 digits in it :D.

In any case, I’m really pumped to have a chance to review/test something thats super new to me. Coilovers! For the past four years i’ve been traveling and competing on a set of MSS Springs that I’ve had since launch. Multiple podiums and 55k later. It was time to try something different. I got in contact with the folks at Fortune and Devin who is one of the leads there steered me to their 510 series coilovers. Those who know about fortune know the story.

Based here in the US (VA)
-Can make a suspension setup for damn near anything to spec
-Have a GREAT color scheme
-Quite literally are super active in the motorsports/grassroots community across all the disciplines

So I feel super confident in getting these on the car and out on track. Since the pandemic started my competition has been steadily raising the bar and I’ve far passed the point of being able to use “conventional” suspension methods to get the performance I need out of the GTI. I’m really looking forward to being able to adjust things on the fly. More often than not I’m solo in the put lane at the track. Doubly so with the border being closed :( I really needed something I could adjust with simplicity and have the ability to understand what those changes made.

I’ll be running the competition series aero kit from Aerofabb as well so it was imperative I had a suspension system in place that would be able to put up with the demands of the extra downforce I’ll be generating. Planning ahead I got two sets of springs for these coilovers. Have a set of 10kg, 12kg, and 14kg springs to thoroughly abuse. I’m honestly looking forward to expanding my knowledge base in this area and being able to go even fast with more confidence in what's underneath me.

Obligatory photos below!
I’ll be doing a video on the install and initial thoughts on the yt channel! However I will come back here for those of us who prefer text to moving pictures from time to time.

https://www.shop-fortune-auto.com/products/volkswagen-golf-gti-mk7-2015-510-series-coilovers

Attachments

• IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yo......Fortune is 30 minutes from me, so if you ever need me to show up in person, I can. I've been there before and got a whole tour.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Yo......Fortune is 30 minutes from me, so if you ever need me to show up in person, I can. I've been there before and got a whole tour.
Right on man. I'm def coming for a visit. The craftsmen ship is INSANE.

If your going to Fastivus I'll be there to pound laps :D

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Suspension review coming soon!

Attachments

• 51554891552_25b383e8d7_o(1).jpg