Turbo. Blue.
Damn, chips really fucks you guys up?

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Damn, chips really fucks you guys up?
We do love our chips.

Unfortunately, this is just slightly worse than a “normal” Costco run.

Cars can be an expensive hobby, but kids will make you go broke.

Totally worth it though.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
What's the price? Have they jacked it up yet?
They don’t seem to have jacked it up yet. Even through all of the COVID nonsense, Costco was pretty good at controlling their prices.

BFE7AA8A-018C-4F00-94AD-87FA91E6DBB4.jpeg

Sam’s Club across the street was about 30 cents more it looked like.

We witnessed packed gas stations all the way there.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
We’re officially crazy people. This is embarrassing. 😐

View attachment 213332
Better to look a little crazy now than to stand in a line with all the normal people at 7pm on friday night.

I have a week's worth of prepared meals in the fridge, so I went full cave person and loaded up on beans and other non perishables.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Gas is literally not possible to get in the Charlotte/Concord area in NC. Literally just yesterday I got gas like a normal human being. No panic, no lines, prices were relatively normal. And then today when I was out running around both of the stations near me had their pumps shutoff with "No Gas" signs out front, and the only two stations I could see that were open had lines for blocks. What in the world, the issue with the pipeline has been going on for days and all of a sudden people start panicking today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Gas is literally not possible to get in the Charlotte/Concord area in NC. Literally just yesterday I got gas like a normal human being. No panic, no lines, prices were relatively normal. And then today when I was out running around both of the stations near me had their pumps shutoff with "No Gas" signs out front, and the only two stations I could see that were open had lines for blocks. What in the world, the issue with the pipeline has been going on for days and all of a sudden people start panicking today?
Because the news keeps talking about it. Showing gas stations with lines of cars and people getting scared.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Because the news keeps talking about it. Showing gas stations with lines of cars and people getting scared.

Is it a regional thing? I got gas like 2 hours ago no issue. Wouldn't even know there was an issue.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Is it a regional thing? I got gas like 2 hours ago no issue. Wouldn't even know there was an issue.
Yes. The Colonial Pipeline was hit with a cyberattack several days ago. They shut the pipeline down. It supplies 45% of the gas, jet fuel, etc from Texas through the southeast and up to New York.

Just like the toilet paper scare of 2020, as so as the news started talking about it people freaked out and now they’re draining supplies rapidly.

Had everyone stayed calm this more than likely wouldn’t have been an issue.

Unfortunately, people did the opposite of that.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The scarcity is being created by idiots showing up with a bunch of gas containers. It's truly the toilet tissue thing all over again 🤣
Sure is no shit. 😂

There was a thread about a possible tire shortage and a few guys in the forum bought tires they didn't need because they were worried. I had to get new ASPS4 tires Monday and asked Discount Tires about a shortage and they said they haven't heard anything.