^^that made me LOL.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Ha. That actually was pretty funny.

McQueen77

Banned

this actually made me laugh. yeah, sorry this bores me to tears but sure, i mean, great... hondas. ill just never buy one, ever. even if a lifetime of german cars destroys me, they just excite me about as much as looking at washing machines. maybe cuz my parents are such honda fanatics, i dont know. but yeah, zillions of people will buy these.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So the assumption is that Honda will continue to make boring cars? Is that what you're saying McQueen?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So the assumption is that Honda will continue to make boring cars? Is that what you're saying McQueen?

I believe that is a safe bet.

Nothing worth mentioning came from honda for some time now. (since the S2k in 2000)

Cr-Z turbo was rumored for a bit... but it doesn't seem like it is getting the light. That car has "some" potential.

Civic SI while nice has fallen behind in terms of performance.

Honda is playing the safe card.

I'd expect Mazda to bring out more exciting cars much sooner than honda. Esp since that is part of their philosophy. Honda doesn't have that anymore.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
What do YOU believe the future performance market will hold for Honda?

Honestly I believe it's not even applicable. There is none and hasn't been since the RSX and the hatchback SI.

Aside from the NSX that is coming but maybe that will be the start of their return?

Edit: forgot about the S2000 obviously but not sure what the last MY was

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
What do YOU believe the future performance market will hold for Honda?

Does it matter? You said that Honda is known for taking pre-existing technology and making it better. This will always lead to a boring outlook on the company because they aren't making anything new. Now this could change but if it doesn't a Honda won't excite most people.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
How long are people willing to wait?