GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E90 M3 vs my 2016 GTI

nebgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 white gti
On our way home from work (we work at a race track as instructors/pro drivers) my buddy and fellow racing driver caught up to me in his E90 M3 Tune, Xpipe Intake etc... and we had a few runs together. My car is a 16 GTI 6spd manual IHX475 turbo with all the trimmings EQT 93 pump remote tuned. Basically dead even going up a long hill on the highway over 140mph. When we did a pull in 3rd at 60 I'd get him by a car and we would stay that way. Not sure if it makes sense or if my car is on the slower end of it lol anyways no video.
View attachment 20210930_115431.jpg

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You have any performance numbers for your car? Acceleration times, dyno?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
To be honest I could care less about numbers like that even though I know they mean everything for the question I asked, just didn't think an e90 m3 would keep up haha
They claim 420 hp from the factory, maybe another 30-50 hp with a tune and x pipe. seems about right, don't you think?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
And BMW always understates their true HP.
Only really true for the turbo BMW’s. The E90 was a naturally aspirated motor and they dyno pretty true. They also only make 295lb/ft stock and the E90 M3 is between 3,550 and 3,650 pounds.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Only really true for the turbo BMW’s. The E90 was a naturally aspirated motor and they dyno pretty true. They also only make 295lb/ft stock and the E90 M3 is between 3,550 and 3,650 pounds.
They certainly outperform their ratings in every drag race video I've seen turbo or not.