GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno tomorrow with a 2016 Stock GTI w/ JB1

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Since I do not have a Full Tune (JB1 Piggyback), the speed/rev delimiter will kick in, so do I do the pull in 3rd gear instead of 4th?

Is there anything else I need to know or do before and during the dyno?

Also, I have been trying to get a dyno day for the past two weeks from two different shops, and didn't hear back from either till today. So now, I'm scheduled for two dyno sessions at two different places on two different types of dynos.

Obviously, I'm not planning on using two different dynos, which one should I choose?

Shop1 - uses a Mustang Dyno (lower reading, but more real world numbers)
Shop2 - uses a DynoJet (Higher readings, but more standardized)

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I would go dynojet as it will give the readings that are usually the benchmark or the standard...plus, who doesnt like bloated numbers on the dyno :0

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
3 Pulls

1- Completely Stock (not counting all suspension mods) with JB1 Map1
2- Completely Stock (not counting all suspension mods) with JB1 Map1
3- Completely Stock PERIOD (JB1 Map0 - as in JB1 being completely off)

The reason I'm doing the first two pulls with the Map1 first is because it takes time for the ECU to adapt after switching from Map0 to Map1, but doesn't if you go from Map1 to Map0).

Other than wanting to knowing what my stock GTI numbers were, I wanted to see the difference the JB1 was making on a Stock MK7 GTI.

I don't really care about the numbers (I do actually a little lol), as much as seeing the gains from the JB1. I'm very happy with it, my only real gripe is that it doesn't remove the delimiters (yet), but i'm sure the JB4 will and then some when it comes out next year.

how many runs are you going to do?

here's some dynapak results from GTI stage 2 from various tuners. some results were weird like the loop.

http://robdaman.blogspot.com/2015/10/pics-of-dyno-day-and-rolling-shots-gti.html

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
Dynojet please. Mustang dyno may be depressing lol.

I think 3rd gear for the DSG as it's closest to 1:1, but I could be wrong.

Would be cool to see numbers for the following:
map 1 + 4.8
map 1 + 5.0 (If 93 octane available to you)
map 0

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Need advice -- this is my first DSG dyno. How the heck do i keep it from switching to a higher gear? I need like a step by step guide...

- Manual mode or Sport Mode?
- Hold the paddle up - i read somewhere?
- Floor throttle 3/4 or all the way to kickdown switch?
- ESC totally off?

themyst

Ready to race!
Need advice -- this is my first DSG dyno. How the heck do i keep it from switching to a higher gear? I need like a step by step guide...

- Manual mode or Sport Mode?
- Hold the paddle up - i read somewhere?
- Floor throttle 3/4 or all the way to kickdown switch?
- ESC totally off?

manual mode 3 start at 2000-2500 RPM, turn traction all the way off, floor but don't hit kickdown, cut off at 6700.

defense05

Ready to race!
As a fellow '16 owner with no other options for tuning, this is exciting! Can't wait to see the numbers (on a dynojet please).

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
manual mode 3 start at 2000-2500 RPM, turn traction all the way off, floor but don't hit kickdown, cut off at 6700.

Manual Mode as in put shifter to the right and click up to 3rd and hold till right before kickdown? Sorry, I'm asking for every small detail, but i'm not sure I will be the one doing the dyno, it may be the dyno operator. And I just don't him screwing it up and giving me jacked up numbers.