GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DynAudio

philbeardmore

Hi guys - I hope you are all well in this crazy world we find ourselves in...

I have a 2016 GTS with DiscoveryPro Nav and DynAudio and I absolutely love it. The speaker setup is great in my opinion however recently I feel something is lacking a little. When I've investigated I don't seem to feel the sub in the boot well vibrate when I put my hand on it which seems strange. I contacted DynAudio who suggested the obvious which was to play a track and which it was playing physically disconnect the sub and see if there was a difference (and there wasn't). I dont understand how something like a sub can simply stop working - I don't really want to put it into the main dealers at the moment and when I've looked online I can get a replacement DynAudio sub for around £100 which I don't mind paying but I'm struggling to see why the other has failed.

I was wondering if the sub had a separate fuse which could have blown but cant find anything online that supports this. Has anyone else had anything like this happen or do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Phil

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Using the Subwoofer control in the Disco sound menu you should definitely hear a difference. Otherwise check the bass unit for both electrical signal and/or a short with a multi meter.

philbeardmore

Cheers Burtomr.

ive played around with the setting in the discovery pro head unit and the base adjusts and sounds good, but it’s all coming from the other speakers and not the sub.

im sure there are 4 wires to the sub - I assume 2 for power and 2 for audio signal just not sure which is which. I’m not great with a multimeter but if I can find out which is the power feed I should be able to confirm if powers getting to the sub.

cheers

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I suggest you really mess with the settings to try to get the bass to move the air....

The wiring of the plug into the sub from ERWIN just states the pins & not what the pins do...

BUT it dose give basic + or -

On the sub connector:-
Pin1 = white/yellow wire is a +
Pin2 = white wire is a +
Pin3 = brown/yellow wire is a -
Pin4 = brown wire is a -

Pins 1 & 3 are a pair
Pins 2 & 4 are a pair.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
It's because the sub has dual voice coils and therefore requires 2 of the amplifier channels to power it