GOLFMKV

Dynamic Turn Signals in NA Tails

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I want to try this in my NA taillights:

https://www.drive2.ru/l/580099861987197295/

Does anyone have an idea of how to code this in a mk7 GTI?

I haven't translated and tried reading the page, but I'd assume it doesn't actually require any coding. The dynamic function looks to be built into the light itself. Similar to how those Dynablink dynamic mirror turn signals work.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
yeah, as acadia18 mentioned, it's not a code, he shows the bulb wired into the unit. to get rid of the hyperflash you would go into obd11/vcds leuchte channels and change the values to LED instead of halogen (same thing to do if one uses bulbs without error cancellers.)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
yeah, as acadia18 mentioned, it's not a code, he shows the bulb wired into the unit. to get rid of the hyperflash you would go into obd11/vcds leuchte channels and change the values to LED instead of halogen (same thing to do if one uses bulbs without error cancellers.)

So it seems like it's something that's doable provided i can get the led strip in there?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The op at the link says it's a NA car, that's what prompted me to inquire. I wonder if it's possible to turn off the blinker feature in the red parts of the taillight and leave only the dynamic amber.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
The op at the link says it's a NA car, that's what prompted me to inquire. I wonder if it's possible to turn off the blinker feature in the red parts of the taillight and leave only the dynamic amber.
Yes, with leuchte coding you can disable and rearrange functionality of bulbs/blinkers. Not sure what our NAR housing looks like in that area tbh, never really thought much about it. I do suspect that it would also be fairly easy to do this with the euro halogen tails that have the amber turns user @ZERO815 had a set of those previously