GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyaudio in Golf MK7

bjornagain1

Hi folks,

Maybe this topic has been up before but ill post it anyway as i could not find anything about it.

The Swedish configurator does NOT show any options for Dynaudio in the new Golf, nor does the German one.

So i sent an email to VW here in Sweden asking about Dynaudio. And they could confirm that the Dyaudio option WILL be available from next model year(2014)

A dealbreaker for me, so im happy :)

/björn

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Dynaudio in a Golf is a cool feature, but c'mon VW!! IMO LED tail lights should be exclusive for GTI & R. they paid much more for their cars so they deserve to look slightly different.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Guys,......seeing as though the New Beetle has a Fender audio system in it, I wouldnt doubt that THAT might be the system that is in the MK7.

That's PURELY speculation and I'm merely trying to draw an assumption based off recent events and past standards.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I thought it was just a special edition new Beetle with a Fender system?

I believe it was an actual contract with them, but I'm not entirely confident with that statement.

Groovetemple

Dynaudio

I was under the impression Dynaudio was dropped from the Mk7 as they have developed a "plug and play" audio system which fits where the spare wheel goes. It has 500w of amplification which power the sub woofer and the car speakers as well as a DSP which can be accessed via the touch screen. Looking at the detail, I think it was developed by Rockford Fosgate...

Attachments

• 145299.jpg
    145299.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 18,815

Kermit1

Great to hear! I am planning to order a Golf Variant at the end of the year and I do hope the Dynaudio will be avalibe then!

le0n1

Ready to race!
Anyone heard more about this plug and play subwoofer system?

bjornagain1

Hi folks,

Now its official on the german configurator under options:

Soundsystem "DYNAUDIO Excite", digitaler 10-Kanal-Verstärker,Subwoofer, 8 Lautsprecher, 400 Watt Gesamtleistung

Cannondale

Does anyone know if the plug and play subwoofer is any good?
Also do you have to removethe spare wheel to get it in or does it fit inside it. Carnt tell of the pictures and my dealer has not got a clue.

Richard...

Colin_H

I phoned VW Uk (twice) to get the answer. Spare wheel is out. Sub is in.

I'm wondering if the upgrade would improve the general sound of the car and then maybe I could swap the sub for a smaller unit that sits in the boot rather than losing that all important spare wheel.

I can imagine my wifes face when we are stuck at the side of the motorway with kicking sound but only 3 wheels left!

paddypool

Ready to race!
I'm totally out of the loop as regards sound systems for cars etc. so the term 'Dynaudio' is lost on me :eek:
what is it ? what does it do that makes it worth getting?
cheers