GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DW300c: Any Reviews?

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
DW makes great pumps (ran one on my OUAT boosted Mitsu Mirage) but I haven't seen any reviews of people running DW anything on these cars... most people just go the PR/A2B pumps on this platform.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
This is comparable to the pump APR offers in their stage 3 kit. It barely supports the fuel requirements of the kit, and is likely an incremental upgrade over a stick pump. The pricing is close enough to a 450 kit, seems like there’s a correlation between reviews for this kit and it’s relevancy.

swifty1

Ready to race!
This is comparable to the pump APR offers in their stage 3 kit. It barely supports the fuel requirements of the kit, and is likely an incremental upgrade over a stick pump. The pricing is close enough to a 450 kit, seems like there’s a correlation between reviews for this kit and it’s relevancy.
The PR kits require modifying the OEM basket, and they cant be turned all the way up on the stock controller

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
The PR kits require modifying the OEM basket, and they cant be turned all the way up on the stock controller
An amperage limited 450 would likely still outperform this, and it’s been a proven method of adding fueling on this platform for years. I just can’t imagine spending nearly equal $ for a lesser preforming part (more so if you’re paying for install and tuning). Plus (if you go with a 450) if you need more down the line you’re looking at just upgrading the controller and lines. There’s plenty of write ups on the install and it’s used by the vast majority of people on the platform so the tuning aspects are well understood by most tuners.

I get wanting to do your own thing, but there’s a reason most don’t this route.

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Its a good cheap upgrade from stock if you are staying DI only. I have the regular 300 pump that is not a direct fit in your style basket, my outlet connects with a hose.

Some misinformation about flow from @ErBall the 300c is a 340ltr/h pump and at the pressures that matters for DI a capped 450 flows less than 10% more, even just 5% right above where you would start seeing the railpressure dropping.

Really the only major upgrade over that without a controller is a 535 pump.

dw300ctechsheet.pdf (bjprace.se)
dw300techsheet.pdf (bjprace.se)