Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Black wheels FTW lol

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Not really a factor unless you are doing track days and driving it very hard...... that's like 1% of people or less.

I have never personally ran those pads/rotors. But reviews from guys that I trust in the matter....were underwhelmed by the pads, lack of initial bite. It's cheap though and "works" by all accounts. "You get what you pay for" applies here, but then again, for basic commuting I think it would work just fine. Just comes down to your personal preference and if you want something a bit more aggressive or not.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I agree, but what about the drilled rotors on the MK8?

Are you sure those will be used? I can't see VW spending more on the rotors when they're cheapening everything else they can. Look at all the things they've gone cheaper with. No Fender stereo, under hood insulation, no drawer under the seat and lots more and now they are going to use a hood prop rod.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Are you sure those will be used? I can't see VW spending more on the rotors when they're cheapening everything else they can. Look at all the things they've gone cheaper with. No Fender stereo, under hood insulation, no drawer under the seat and lots more and now they are going to use a hood prop rod.
That's what it looks like. Could be an optional brake package we don't get. The basic Euro Golf seems to use a 10-speaker Harman Kardon . Maybe we get a subwoofer. I don't think the 2019 has underhood insulation, does it? A lousy radio and a hood prop rod would bother me the most.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's what it looks like. Could be an optional brake package we don't get. The basic Euro Golf seems to use a 10-speaker Harman Kardon . Maybe we get a subwoofer. I don't think the 2019 has underhood insulation, does it? A lousy radio and a hood prop rod would bother me the most.

I don't know about a 2019 but the 18 does not have the under hood pad so I doubt they would have added it to the 19.
Don't the European ones always get a few things we don't get and a little more power also?