GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dual muffler

jameslee79

Car(s)
MK7 GOLF R
Hey guys,

i have 2 new magnaflow Mufflers just sitting at home and thought maybe going the custom route for the exhaust. I have searched but did not find anything. Has anyone done this? If so, how is the sound compared vs traditional golf r designed exhaust. From the axleback to the mufflers, what size is the piping? I want to buy my own y pipe to split into 2 mufflers.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Hey guys,

i have 2 new magnaflow Mufflers just sitting at home and thought maybe going the custom route for the exhaust. I have searched but did not find anything. Has anyone done this? If so, how is the sound compared vs traditional golf r designed exhaust. From the axleback to the mufflers, what size is the piping? I want to buy my own y pipe to split into 2 mufflers.
i did it but on a gti, used borla XR1 mufflers,
6D6A037A-A78A-4B5B-88EE-102134D13EF8.jpeg
1DB945C8-4A56-4A6F-9B20-BF539C29F902.jpeg
EEB490C9-9081-4BFC-B14D-26FE97FDE0CF.jpeg

jameslee79

Car(s)
MK7 GOLF R
U
70mm.

But a regular straight through muffler would make piping a little trickier for the R center muffler outlets.
yea i figured as such. I am going to the muffler shop and show them some pictures and get a quote. If its too expensive, i might just buy the transverse vibrant muffler.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
U

yea i figured as such. I am going to the muffler shop and show them some pictures and get a quote. If its too expensive, i might just buy the transverse vibrant muffler.
.... scratch what I said about center outlets.... got mixed up with Mk6 R for a moment.

But, the 70mm piping is going to be an issue because it's 2.75"

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
.... scratch what I said about center outlets.... got mixed up with Mk6 R for a moment.

But, the 70mm piping is going to be an issue because it's 2.75"

That’s not really accurate, it’s more like 66mm or 2.6” which doesn’t really match up with any standard sizes.

A muffler shop will be MIG welding and just booger whatever you give them together so they don’t care.