GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DTUK CRD-3 2nd Hand

Uggers

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience purchasing a box 2nd hand?

I realise there is no warranty for DTUK but wondered if anyone had taken the risk.

I see they are often listed at half the price from people who've moved to a new car etc, even on forums like this (I guess less risky than eBay)

I'm guessing there is no support either if the box has issues.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

chrismc

Passed Driver's Ed
From experience the DTUK box works to a point.

More torque but Power delivery was spikey, diesel clatter on a light throttle @ 1800rpm & it rendered the mpg reading useless as it modifies the signals to the sensors and thus overreads!!

Claims for ~240hp are far fetched in my experience.

Buncy

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive used a second hand DTUK box and had numerous issues from limp mode, juddering and engine randomly stalling. And that in a low setting too! Its now just sat on a shelf in the garage gathering dust.

chrismc

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive used a second hand DTUK box and had numerous issues from limp mode, juddering and engine randomly stalling. And that in a low setting too! Its now just sat on a shelf in the garage gathering dust.

I replied to their YouTube vid that claims ‘240hp’ with my experiences & received a reply suggesting that there were various GTD ECU revisions & tweaks since 2014 that would contribute to a less than optimum result

Given that VW’s claimed output has never ever varied from 181hp I find it hard to believe that any ECU revision would significantly alter the operation of the tuning box.

I just think they are somewhat flakey. I wouldn’t ever be tempted again. Be warned folks