GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DTE Pedal Box

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Got one of these today, was a bit sceptical but took the plunge after reading lots of positive reviews online. I must say it makes a massive difference to the throttle response, on the most extreme setting it is actually TOO responsive, but there's loads of settings so its easy to find a suitable one. Car actually feels a lot quicker, in fact I'm convinced it is a bit quicker in the real world due to the power coming in sooner (although power doesn't actually increase).

The main problem was fitting, it's supposed to take 10 minutes but took me about an hour cos the connector was a bitch and didn't want to go in properly. All in all though I'd definitely recommend.

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Best add-on for the standard GTD in my opinion before you go for the re-map.

Have you got one too Waggers? I've had it mapped but the difference when I first used the pedal box in Sport+ mode was even more pronounced than when I first drove it after the remap.

How that's possible I don't know, as the power is the same, maybe I was expecting more from the map and less from the pedalbox so my starting expectations were a lot different, but the difference the pedalbox makes is massive.

I drove it in 'Off' mode earlier and the standard throttle response now feels sluggish and basically crap. As you say it's a must have.

s7wag

Ready to race!
Yes the same. It is strange when you drive with it off - the bottom end of the range sluggish it overcome by the PB and then as you get to higher revs the power kicks in...I bought and fitted the Audi S3 short shift and 42DD alloy bushes at the same time...you'll find a post in GTD Technical section on it.

Steve

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Yes the same. It is strange when you drive with it off - the bottom end of the range sluggish it overcome by the PB and then as you get to higher revs the power kicks in...I bought and fitted the Audi S3 short shift and 42DD alloy bushes at the same time...you'll find a post in GTD Technical section on it.

Steve

Ok thanks I'll look it up.