GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Tune Catalog

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
I'm generating a catalog of performance data from various TCU tunes for the DQ250 transmission.

The data gives a method of objectively comparing control logic implemented by different vendors.

If you are using a TCU tune that you'd like added let me know and I'll guide you through the data recording process.

Here's an example result:

This shows that for light pedal input (5-10%) the minimum engine speed you are likely to see the shift from 2nd to 3rd take place at is 2250 rpm. For moderate pedal input (35-40%), something that will have the GTI accelerating a good bit more rapidly than typical traffic, the TCU logic holds off shifting from 2nd to 3rd until roughly 2600 rpm is reached. This allows the engine to rev slightly further along the power band in response to the driver request for more rapid acceleration.

The vertical position of the trend line and the slope communicate a significant amount of information about how the vehicle will respond to driver pedal input.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks for compiling the data Jeff. I apologize if you mentioned this already in one of your articles, but which do you find to be the "best", which I know is very subjective?

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Thanks for compiling the data Jeff. I apologize if you mentioned this already in one of your articles, but which do you find to be the "best", which I know is very subjective?

From what I have tried and looked at every one has room for improvement. I think it's going to take some revisions of the products before a solid well rounded "best" exists.

The more I have looked the higher the bar has been raised.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Who wants to turn this into a manual vs autos thread? ?

Joking aside, nice write up OP. I love your data.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
From what I have tried and looked at every one has room for improvement. I think it's going to take some revisions of the products before a solid well rounded "best" exists.

The more I have looked the higher the bar has been raised.

Seriously how much power do you think could be increased with a perfect intake? I appreciate the testing that you do and the amount of time that it must take but an intake simply isn't a big player with regards to power compared to stock. Especially the bang for the buck.

hopelessfish

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia RS
Seriously how much power do you think could be increased with a perfect intake? I appreciate the testing that you do and the amount of time that it must take but an intake simply isn't a big player with regards to power compared to stock. Especially the bang for the buck.
Am I missing something? I thought OPs (very helpful) post was about TCU tune data not intakes.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Dig this......PM me the process and what to select to log data. I'm getting the DSG tune from EQT, so we can throw that up for comparison.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Dig this......PM me the process and what to select to log data. I'm getting the DSG tune from EQT, so we can throw that up for comparison.

I have the EQT tune, it's among the data I've posted. The page I linked to has some instructions for collecting the data I'm using to generate the charts.

Thank you Jeff for the most recent round of data!!

You're welcome!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have the EQT tune, it's among the data I've posted. The page I linked to has some instructions for collecting the data I'm using to generate the charts.

Ah I must have misread then... Thought you had stratified.... KILLER data logging!

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks Jeff for doing this. Pretty interesting to see the differences. Always helpful!