GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG jumping out of gear on take off

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Of course it is or it wouldn't be there. All performance is muted in Eco mode.
Engine power is unchanged, Max shift rpm is slightly lower (and probably better for the power curve, LOL). It simply up and downshifts earlier at part throttle. His issue is not related to sporty driving where you would use sport anyway. The difference between D and E around town is minimal other than the smoother character of E and D holding gears a bit longer. OMG, what was VW thinking by putting that on a GTI.:)

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Ok, update. I topped off/reset the level in my DSG....that wasn't it that I can see. The level was probably close/good enough but I did top it off/reset it...messy...hahaha

I have another hypothesis - maybe this is related to the hill-hold assist/starting on a slope. It seems to happen much more on slopes than flat ground. I may play with the settings with OBDEleven and see if there is any impact. My trans works fine at all other times, no slipping or drama...only this once-in-a-while hiccup when starting off.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Update - changed the hill-start assist to "early" - no issues yet but need more testing/time really.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Update - changed the hill-start assist to "early" - no issues yet but need more testing/time really.
Any update?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
I GUESS THIS MEANS MAnuAls R bEtTer.

Wait, wrong thread. Keep us looped in. Us 3 pedal guys still have an inferior thrust bearing design that we put horizontal forces on daily. It's ALL BAD!

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I GUESS THIS MEANS MAnuAls R bEtTer.
Other than you would have cooked your clutch many times by now in that car and his use. 😝

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I have the same issue with mine on a stock GTI, as does another guy I know on his stock R. There's quite a few threads on this but no one seems to know what the issue is or how to fix it. Though I think it's not severe enough where the DSG is gonna break and need replacement?