GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Jerky help

anas

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Hello all,

I have a Golf MK7 with a DSG 7 Speed transmission. 91,000 Miles, 2013. DSG Service done last year.

The car has a very jerky start with some hesitation.

From my knowledge the car has never been tuned/ mapped, I have left the software number below for both engine and transmission.
Could someone let me know if it is stock and if so, what tune/ map would sort the jerky start with the DSG.

No Fault codes at all.

Auto Trans:
VAG Number: 0CW 300 045 C
Component: GSG DQ200-MQB H43 3902

Hardware Number: 0AM 927 769 G
Workshop System Name: J743

Engine:
VAG Number: 04E 906 016 A
Component: 1.2l R4 TSI H08 5541

Hardware Number: 04E 907 309 A
Workshop System Name: J623

Thanks

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
I’d be getting the clutches measured.
Also, TVS drive ability and life extender map is fantastic for these

anas

Car(s)
Golf MK7
I’d be getting the clutches measured.
Also, TVS drive ability and life extender map is fantastic for these

Can the clutch measure be done in VCDS?

Also does the current software version I have look stock/ factory or a custom/ remapped.

I’m sure the engine is stock version but I think the previous owners may have tuned the DSG with a bad file

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
Clutches can be measured via a basic settings procedure - but be warned: if the clutches are below the minimum limit in the software the vehicle will then refuse to drive until the clutches are measured as above minimum, ie you replace them. Ones who are familiar with them can tell by the data in the measuring blocks without having to do the procedure : at least the guy we deal with can.

The TVS software will show a version such as TVS 300 DLX 1, so you know it’s not stock

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
Found out it was the part number on the DSG 0CW 300 045 C must be a custom flash.

Original part number will be flashed this weekend will update
Might be a TSB software if yours has had the DSG accumulator recall

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I think you need to describe/define "jerky".......is it only while in Park? Is it while coming to a stop? Is it while IN a gear, or while shifting?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I think you need to describe/define "jerky".......is it only while in Park? Is it while coming to a stop? Is it while IN a gear, or while shifting?
Also, have you owned the car since new? Is this a new behavior or has it always been like this?

I'm not familiar with the 7 speed version, but both of the DSG I have had (MKV and MK7) have some driving quirks that you need to get used to (you could call it "jerky" I guess), especially at low speeds and when switching from R to D.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
might be me, but I'm not "seeing" the stumble, unless it's the mystical 2nd, 2nd gear

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I'm not familiar with the 7 speed version, but both of the DSG I have had (MKV and MK7) have some driving quirks that you need to get used to (you could call it "jerky" I guess), especially at low speeds and when switching from R to D.

Thats what I was getting to on the previous thread... It looks kind of normal, I think he needs to find someone with the exact same powertrain and show them in person or he get on a different car and see if its normal....

Or find a mechanic willing to go on a ride-along?

That specific DSG (the DQ200) and the 1.2 TSI did not come to the US... its the one with the dry clutch, something could be wrong.....

anas

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Thats what I was getting to on the previous thread... It looks kind of normal, I think he needs to find someone with the exact same powertrain and show them in person or he get on a different car and see if its normal....

Or find a mechanic willing to go on a ride-along?

That specific DSG (the DQ200) and the 1.2 TSI did not come to the US... its the one with the dry clutch, something could be wrong.....
Thanks for the comments I didn’t get any notification until I logged in.

So the jerking happens only in Low RPM, Low speed/ when trying to launch, and when moving off from a stop.

The 1.2 is exactly the same as the 1.4 TSI, barely any difference in the engine if any.

I get 0 codes, car does misfire but no check engine - VCDS says that Cylinder 1 and 3 misfire about 70-90 per 1000 revolutions.
Whilst cylinder 2 & 4 have 0 misfires per 1000 revolutions.

I have changed the coils (Bosh) sparks (bosh) and fuel injectors (bosh) - all 4 cylinders

Did a compression all cylinders have normal compression.

I do get very rough idles - you can feel the shake every couple seconds.

Air filter is relatively new no dirt (6 months old)

I have cleaned the throttle body (no difference)

Purchased a pedal commander (also no difference car still jerks in all 4 modes)

DSG service (11 months ago at dealership)

PCV also replaced (no difference)

Turbo cleaned (no difference)

please let me know what else can cause this issue - I was thinking in replacing my O2 sensor and but other than that idk what else can cause these jerks and hesitation when moving off.

Not quite sure how or what to do in this case, I’ve taken to dealer where they’ve seen the misfire and said we can’t find the issue 😂

If anyone can help please do let me know

anas

Car(s)
Golf MK7
when from a complete stop moving off at about 20-50%+ throttle it buckles/ jerks

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
Sounds like the clutches are done