anas

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Golf MK7 2013, 1.2 TSI.
91,000 Miles.

Watch this video
https://youtube.com/shorts/gHZ4GO0Hxgw?feature=share

Watch the RPM and the gear.

Whilst it is in gear 2, it goes to 2000 RPM pauses then drops slightly then goes up to 2000RPM and upshifts to 3k

when it bounces down, the car feels sluggish and very delayed.

Only happens in gears 1-2 moving into 3 never any other gear.

Smooth after gear 3.

Only from moving off the car is jerking snd has a delay when the RPM goes down midway in gear 2

impossible to launch the car as if I was to kick down it would cause a wheel hop and traction light.

Something is causing that delay and I’m not sure what is.

Super annoying.

All mounts been checked and good.

Any idea what this could be ?

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Saw your other posts, you should try to respond in the original thread you made, making more threads wont help...

I honestly think its normal....? its shifting 3 gears very aggressively (to save fuel) when you take off slowly like that... 3 gears before 18kph....

Never been on a 1.2 TSI Golf though... this forum leans heavily to US-based members, I think that's why you are having a hard time getting help....

impossible to launch the car as if I was to kick down it would cause a wheel hop and traction light.

You mean its spinning the front tires when you launch it?

anas

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Saw your other posts, you should try to respond in the original thread you made, making more threads wont help...

I honestly think its normal....? its shifting 3 gears very aggressively (to save fuel) when you take off slowly like that... 3 gears before 18kph....

Never been on a 1.2 TSI Golf though... this forum leans heavily to US-based members, I think that's why you are having a hard time getting help....

You mean its spinning the front tires when you launch it?
Hi thanks for the response,

That makes a lot of sense now.
I mean the 1.2 and 1.4 are pretty identical in terms of build and drive.

So when it does shift that fast, there is a lag/ hesitation meaning if I was to floor to lockdown the car still wouldn’t even move until it shifts to 3rd.

Once it does go into 3rd the front wheels hop and traction control appears, after 3rd it’s smooth.

I do live in a city and there’s a lot of stops and turns so whenever I do come to a stop I always feel the hesitation and see it shift twice when I’m gear 2

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
So when its taking off from a stop, nice and slow, during the 1-2 and 2-3 shift, there is a big pause and hesitation, doesn't sound normal as you describe it... but do note the DSG isn't entirely smooth, taking off slowly, it can be rough....

However the way you describe it sounds like too much hesitation...

Yeah, I do have some experience with the 1.4, I rented one for a few days in 2020... but the Golf that came to North America uses a normal "triptonic" automatic transmission, not the DSG....

So you get a ton of wheel spin at launch? How does the DSG shift when on WOT at redline, are they smooth then?

anas

Car(s)
Golf MK7
So when its taking off from a stop, nice and slow, during the 1-2 and 2-3 shift, there is a big pause and hesitation, doesn't sound normal as you describe it... but do note the DSG isn't entirely smooth, taking off slowly, it can be rough....

However the way you describe it sounds like too much hesitation...

Yeah, I do have some experience with the 1.4, I rented one for a few days in 2020... but the Golf that came to North America uses a normal "triptonic" automatic transmission, not the DSG....

So you get a ton of wheel spin at launch? How does the DSG shift when on WOT at redline, are they smooth then?
So when I’m at a red light. Then turns green
100% foot down gear 1 goes to 2000 RPM, has a slight rpm drop (the pedal is still at 100%) then 5000 RPM whilst still in gear 1
then shifts to Gear 2 at about 4000 RPM, shifts to 3,4,5,6,7 all smoothly.

It’s the initial move off that is bad.

Just not sure where to look when this happens.

I’m going to insert a Dogbone insert for the Wheelhop vibration this weekend.

But in terms of hesitation every part according to google causes hesitation

Main things replaced are Sparks, Coils, both MAP have been cleaned, throttle body cleaned, turbo also cleaned.

Not 100% sure what to replace or clean next that can cause it.

But it is a big hesitation before shifting to second.

When I’m manual mode, gear 1 is engaged RPM goes to about 2000 then stops for second or just under a second then goes up to 3K before I upshift, if I was to upshift before 3k it will still hesitate

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Hmmm... You havent noted a big maintenance requirement... Did you change the fluid on the DSG every 40k mi? You should have flushed it twice by now at 90k mi

Seems its slipping the clutch, its supposed to do so a bit, and that may be normal... when you say "a second or two of hesitation", realize its milliseconds really... at least that's how it looks like on the video.

anas

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Hmmm... You havent noted a big maintenance requirement... Did you change the fluid on the DSG every 40k mi? You should have flushed it twice by now at 90k mi

Seems its slipping the clutch, its supposed to do so a bit, and that may be normal... when you say "a second or two of hesitation", realize its milliseconds really... at least that's how it looks like on the video.
Forgot to mention DSG was done may 2022 and also a couple years ago, so I doubt it’s fluids.

Does it seem like clutch from the video?

A second is exaggerating but it feels like that realistically it’s a millisecond