GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Fluid Brands

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Fixed for you.

Lol. I read through every post when asking for suggestions/input, and do my best not to deride others. But yes, I've had experience with not so knowledgeable shops that tried to feed me bs. That was one of the reasons I started doing most of the maintenance and modding myself.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Some shops would not want to take the responsibility for telling a car owner to use anything other than OEM. "But you told me LM/Motul/your mom's oil would be fine, now my car is broken!"
Exactly this. Shops don't want that liability. Before I decided on doing DSG myself when I called around to get quotes, every shop I contacted in my area said they would be using OEM fluid.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Some shops would not want to take the responsibility for telling a car owner to use anything other than OEM. "But you told me LM/Motul/your mom's oil would be fine, now my car is broken!"
Sure that's why they recommend using motul oil. For certain fluids OEM proves to be best and others can be better performing.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Sure that's why they recommend using motul oil. For certain fluids OEM proves to be best and others can be better performing.

You said four (why exactly four?) shops said to use OEM. Now they recommend Motul?
How can OEM be best with others performing better? You lost me, man.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Reported. This is just totally uncalled for. Take a step back and look at how you’re acting.
QzKtmrdMw6Tra.gif