GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Farts on mk 7.5 R - 7 speed

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
Hey Guys

I recently upgraded my Mk7 R (manual) to a 7.5 R (DSG 7 speed) with Keyless entry.

I have yet to hear any DSG farts on my car.

I put the car into Race/Sport and put the boot down. I had the window down but I am yet to hear any DSG farts

Am i doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated guys!

Chris

rodon

Passed Driver's Ed
As the diggster said, a tune is needed to get the machine to properly fahrt.
In stock trim, the best you’ll get is a slight burp on full-throttle upshifts in Sport mode. While not unpleasant, it’s not even registering on the hooligan scale and certainly won’t turn any heads.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Just know that those "farts" are unburned hydrocarbons igniting in the exhaust sytstem, which causes one's (quite expensive) catalytic converter to wear out prematurely. Also, the noises which one's mother-in-law emits from the back seat when they do their little snap-crackle-pop, can be painfully annoying.

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
It may be the answer is a gpf delete. Bit disappointing that the 7.5 R DSG7 doesnt have the same sound as the 7 R DSG.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
So that noise my 2018 R w/DSG makes on WOT as it shifts through the gears is NOT a DSG fart? Interesting. Guess I'll have to take it in and have that diagnosed to get rid of it.

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So my 2017 GTI Sport with the 6 speed DSG would fart like every shift. My 2019 Golf R with 7 speed DSG will in fact fart, but only for non-AMAX shifts. If you really put your foot down it seems to do more AMAX shifting where it smooths out and shifts as fast as possible without torque loss - but fartless. If you do race mode or just S mode with a more partial throttle acceleration then it should do it frequently.

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
So my 2017 GTI Sport with the 6 speed DSG would fart like every shift. My 2019 Golf R with 7 speed DSG will in fact fart, but only for non-AMAX shifts. If you really put your foot down it seems to do more AMAX shifting where it smooths out and shifts as fast as possible without torque loss - but fartless. If you do race mode or just S mode with a more partial throttle acceleration then it should do it frequently.
I’ve yet to hear any dsg farts in Race or S. i hear plenty of burbles though!

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I’ve yet to hear any dsg farts in Race or S. i hear plenty of burbles though!

You need to be hitting it pretty hard to hear it. Also, use manual mode instead of letting the car shift on its own. Take first gear to the top of the rev range and shift using the paddle. You should hear a booming thump if you have a stock exhaust. If you really want to hear them, get an aftermarket exhaust.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
I actually hear them at less than WOT, below red line and just accelerating in a spirited fashion. They are pretty obvious compared to more sedate grandma driving.