GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG dropping into neutral

langer

i fix teefs
This has happened twice now. Both, nearly identical situations. I was pulling out of a business onto a main road, for about two seconds, all fine. Then, as I'm making the right onto the road, the DSG drops into neutral. Only lasts maybe 1-2 seconds and it engages again. Neither time was a big deal since no traffic was coming, but it could've been bad if I was trying to squeeze into traffic. Ever happen to anyone out there? I wrote it off the first time as an anomaly. The second time had me a little concerned. No error codes that I'm aware of, but I haven't plugged in vag-com yet.
Thanks!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
1658167820277.png

Is it a Uni DSG tune?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
There is a post on here with about 5 of us having the same issue. I haven't had this happen in about in about 6 months since I changed the motor mounts. The only thing I can figure is the motor and trans was moving just enough to put strain on the linkage and shift it out of gear momentarily.

langer

i fix teefs
There is a post on here with about 5 of us having the same issue. I haven't had this happen in about in about 6 months since I changed the motor mounts. The only thing I can figure is the motor and trans was moving just enough to put strain on the linkage and shift it out of gear momentarily.
Hmm. Maybe. Because it's happened both times in same situation. I was coming out of a parking lot onto main road. Parking lot sloped down into roadway, so the front end compressed when I hit the main road and I was turning wheel to right.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
This has happened to me 3 times in the last year or so. Always the same situation. Slowed to a rolling stop and then press the accelerator and it free revs for a second. EQT DSG tune. 6 speed.