GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Bliss

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
So, I just discovered the tiptronic shifting using the stick. This is absolutely fantastic! Somehow I ignored this feature. I have been using the paddle shifters quite a bit lately as I think the normal D is lugging the engine too much in my daily driving. And using "S" seems too jerky. Besides they are fun! But, I find it difficult to make shifts using them while turning a corner. So, I was watching a review of the new Rabbit and saw the reviewer use them, and so I thought I would give it a go. Wow! Maybe it might feel like driving a manual stick even more if the up shifts were reversed( you push it forward to upshift, might be better to push it down). But, I will take it! Now that I have inflammed all the MT owners, my question is, what do use most in your daily driving? Any tips on using the tiptronic? Such, an amazing transmission!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Mostly use D with a DSG tune that raises shift points. Downshift with left paddle when needed then tap shift lever down to put it back in D which upshifts. If I want some juice when going around a corner I will toss it over to manual as you describe and shift using the stick to avoid having to keep up with where the paddle is.

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
With my GTI I always drove in manual mode with the shift gate. You can use the paddle shifters too while in manual mode.

Also, RTDM. You'll be amazed at all the things you'll discover about the car tucked away in those obscure pages.

yakuza70

Passed Driver's Ed
Using the DSG stick for shifting is the closest you'll get to actually driving a stick for sure. However, I feel like the upshift and downshift directions are backwards. To me, it feels more natural to pull back to upshift and push forward to downshift. That's how it was on my previous dual clutch BMW 135i.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I appreciate the incredibly fast Formula 1-esque 8ms shift times. However, I was not real happy with the shift points until I got a DSG tune. My favorite performance modification. For me the D was too economy and S hung too long. With the tune I normally stay in D, until the situation warrants going into sport.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
In my dsg mk6, i would always use the lever. Mostly because i regretted getting an automatic but aas more fun around corners

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
A DSG tune can make its surprisingly better too. Have have been running the EQT DSG tune for the last year and it smoothed out D and made S mode less jerky