GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSC Sport Active Suspension Controller

DSC Sport

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 Golf R
VAG Release Ad.png

Transform the handling of your Golf R with the DSC Sport Controller! The DSC Sport Controller is a Plug N Play active suspension controller that replaces your factory DCC control module and works with your factory active suspension. With our revolutionary tuning strategy, DSC Sport provides your Golf R with better track handling and improved daily comfort. DSC Sport will greatly improve your everyday ride, all while offering improved grip and reduced squat, dive, and roll on track!

By expanding the dynamic range and rate of response, DSC Sport is able to utilize more sensory input data and provide real time damping solutions. By gathering G Force, Brake Pressure, Steering Angle, Speed, Acceleration, Shock Calibration, and Velocity; DSC Sport adjusts each individual damper in real time to provide the most optimum damper performance both on and off the track.

Our controllers have been proven in the Porsche community for many years, ranging from 100% track cars to those people that just want to have fun on the backroads on a nice weekend. We been expanding our product line consistently since then, including Dodge, Ford, Nissan, Cadillac, Chevy, any many more custom applications running a standalone kit. We have been met with great success in all of these platforms and figured now was the time to move into the VAG community.

All of our controller come pre-calibrated with a suspension tuning file that we believe will be adequate for most drivers. So if your one of those, its something you can install, get all the benefits and never have to worry about again. But for those with specific needs for the track, wether it be the drag strip or the road course, the controller is 100% tunable on your end. Using the DSC Sport Tuning Software, users can custom tune their suspension to personal preference. Set maximum and minimum damper rates and tuning characteristics for various driving scenarios, vehicle setups, and personal preference. DSC Sport puts the power of a suspension engineer in the palm of your hand.

Installation for the Golf is a very simple process and should only take you about 30 minutes, just swap out the factory module for your new DSC controller. The factory module is located in the trunk area just behind the drivers side rear wheel well. A write up for the install will be available on our product page for the controller.

Our product page for the Golf can be found here:
https://www.dscsport.com/product/v4-controller-golf/

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I thought this has been out for a while?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Damn. You need an ECU tune and a TCU tune. Now you need a DCC tune too!

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Seems more track oriented than street, DCC is more than sufficient for the street.

Comfort is definitely underdamped on rebound, and all of them are definitely low on high speed compression damping as well. Squat/dive also isn't very well controlled.

I'd be really interested in this but definitely not for that price, and especially not for that price without a ton of testing data (specifically, chassis roll, dive, squat in A/B testing, single wheel bump performance for both positive and negative displacement, behavior in g-outs, cornering flatness, slalom testing, etc.). I'm just not willing to be a guinea pig for $1300 when that's halfway to a set of Ohlins that will DEFINITELY get me everything I'm looking for on ride quality.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Comfort is definitely underdamped on rebound, and all of them are definitely low on high speed compression damping as well. Squat/dive also isn't very well controlled.

I'd be really interested in this but definitely not for that price, and especially not for that price without a ton of testing data (specifically, chassis roll, dive, squat in A/B testing, single wheel bump performance for both positive and negative displacement, behavior in g-outs, cornering flatness, slalom testing, etc.). I'm just not willing to be a guinea pig for $1300 when that's halfway to a set of Ohlins that will DEFINITELY get me everything I'm looking for on ride quality.
On my autobahn, my dcc shocks handle dive and squat very well in sport mode. I haven’t tracked it yet but I will come late April early may.

HuntR

Go Kart Newbie

I tend to feel it is underdamped as well-crashy. Also annoyingly squatty. My car is at 52k. I'm currently eyeing up a set of B6 DCC + Eibach lowering springs. The DSC controller seems like a nice option but the price.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Assuming this thing does what it claims to do (and I'm not saying it does or doesn't, no experience) it wouldn't be something you could achieve with coding. There are some values in adaptations for level sensor readings (left/right front, rear left level sensor fully deflected value is one of them, and there are others). I haven't trying to changing them or heard about anyone else trying it. My simple understanding of the system says that these values should be set when you do the basic calibration. If it lets you manually change them I think what would happen is you would change what the system thinks is the normal height of your car.

So an artificially high "normal" setting would mean your car is actually lower and the dampers would then be more firm (in all modes) because it thinks the suspension is under compression. An artificially low "normal" would do the opposite and make every mode softer. But it would not change the damping curves (and other behavior) associated with each mode... Which is what the DSC controllers is advertised as being capable of doing.

That being said, at some point I might have a thorough look at the adaptations. Maybe there are values that we can change that might change the damping and/or rebound curves. Would be a basic version of what this product claims to do but at an appropriately basic cost. Already asked elsewhere and they did not test/tune the system for torsion beam 😂 so I'm out anyway, haha.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
On my autobahn, my dcc shocks handle dive and squat very well in sport mode. I haven’t tracked it yet but I will come late April early may.
My R is fine on dive for street use, but it's noticeably soft for autocross in dive and squat. No doubt some of this could be addressed with better damping control but spring rates certainly dominate here.