GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSC Sport Active Suspension Controller

DSC Sport

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 Golf R
There are still 2 pages of more recent replies that you had negated in the first thread you had listed where I was replying and talking with some people. Those more recent replies were lost when my account was updated to a vendor profile on the forum. We are still resolving the issue. But there are multiple conversations from the last week on that thread.

The track claim is there because the DSC Controller has been proven over many years and many platforms. It works, there's no way around that. The track results are coming for the MQB specifically once the weather breaks here. The reason we moved into the MQB platform is because we are able to control the shocks the same way we control any other which will lead to the same trend of results.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm not remotely the target for this product. But if they made the original testers whole financially, solved the issue with their module causing other systems to fail and can show some data when it becomes available from the group of MQB of testers... I'm good, haha. The product is niche and might be expensive for the platform. But I'm curious to read what I will suspect will be a relatively small number of eventual reports.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
There are still 2 pages of more recent replies that you had negated in the first thread you had listed where I was replying and talking with some people. Those more recent replies were lost when my account was updated to a vendor profile on the forum. We are still resolving the issue. But there are multiple conversations from the last week on that thread.

The track claim is there because the DSC Controller has been proven over many years and many platforms. It works, there's no way around that. The track results are coming for the MQB specifically once the weather breaks here. The reason we moved into the MQB platform is because we are able to control the shocks the same way we control any other which will lead to the same trend of results.

What more recent replies? There is nothing else you posted past this:

1614717711315.png

What happened when users came out and quite literally said there were massive issues? The first 2 pages have no actual user experiences, it was just a bunch of us spitballing and doing some due diligence. The rest of the thread had no activity for 9 months until a couple weeks ago.

Regardless, that still hasn't addressed the elephant in the room. I just told you DCC =/= magride, stop grouping every MQB vehicle together. It doesn't matter what your track record is with other systems unless it is DCC. This isn't exactly a brake caliper, there's more to it, so we are (rightfully) asking the hard questions. Selling people on a promise and faultily assuming prior performance in vastly different platforms will result in the same performance gain elsewhere on other makes is disingenuous. Hell, if we're talking about Golf R specific trends, the same trend is actually error-prone beta hardware. Not sure if that's what you were going for.

I'm definitely open to be proven wrong, so please, for the benefit of everyone here and on Facebook, do explain.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
I'm not remotely the target for this product. But if they made the original testers whole financially, solved the issue with their module causing other systems to fail and can show some data when it becomes available from the group of MQB of testers... I'm good, haha. The product is niche and might be expensive for the platform. But I'm curious to read what I will suspect will be a relatively small number of eventual reports.

Oh of course, but the crux of it is this: there is no data out there. And yet they're already taking money. So I guess whoever has already ordered, ordered in blind faith. For me, $1300 is a reach given very minimal, non data/fact driven (subjective) feedback.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
True, last time I went to the product page it still said coming soon... I see that now you can actually order, interesting.

DSC Sport

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 Golf R
Crickets. I see we are playing the silent game. Not a good look. Well not very transparent anyways.
I appreciate your concern. But as I said before. We launched the updated product for public 7 days ago at this point. It is still winter where we are located and have not had our test cars on the track. We have sent out plenty of controllers in the last week, several to shops who will be testing road course and drag capabilities of the controller like 034 Motorsports in California. In addition, I think is important to look at the advertising here. We, like almost every suspension company in the industry, advertise improved handling and track performance, but cannot advertise "this controller will take 2 seconds off your lap time", there are hundreds of variables to go into anything like that. Every spring manufacturer out there advertises better performance and why that is the case, just like we did. But they will not give you a specific reduced last lap time. I cant tell every customer they'll save two seconds off around Leguna Seca, so what if a customer saves only second? Do I then have to refund them because of it? No, that's not how it works. But I can say they will experience better performance and handling around the track. So again I do appreciate your consistent concern, and I do agree with you on some aspects, which is why I have been trying to answer everything you have asked. We will have on track data on data to come in the very near future. And I look forward to being able to discuss its benefits with you.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
I appreciate your concern. But as I said before. We launched the updated product for public 7 days ago at this point. It is still winter where we are located and have not had our test cars on the track. We have sent out plenty of controllers in the last week, several to shops who will be testing road course and drag capabilities of the controller like 034 Motorsports in California. In addition, I think is important to look at the advertising here. We, like almost every suspension company in the industry, advertise improved handling and track performance, but cannot advertise "this controller will take 2 seconds off your lap time", there are hundreds of variables to go into anything like that. Every spring manufacturer out there advertises better performance and why that is the case, just like we did. But they will not give you a specific reduced last lap time. I cant tell every customer they'll save two seconds off around Leguna Seca, so what if a customer saves only second? Do I then have to refund them because of it? No, that's not how it works. But I can say they will experience better performance and handling around the track. So again I do appreciate your consistent concern, and I do agree with you on some aspects, which is why I have been trying to answer everything you have asked. We will have on track data on data to come in the very near future. And I look forward to being able to discuss its benefits with you.

I'm not looking at lap times. I'm looking for quantifiable data like damper actuation, increased lateral G in corner due to stiffer damper settings, and then more travel over sudden impacts. As you said, the system is active. This can be demonstrated with the ride level sensors no? It is a piece of cake, swap DCC controllers, retest etc. Right now it's all just marketing.

How can you release a technical product but offer literally zero data on why it works? It doesn't matter if it's been released to the public a week ago, unless you have done no beta testing? This isn't a decal, or a rear wiper delete. I'm glad there are that many takers who obviously have no issue forking over $1300 for something with literally zero documentation except promises, but that's also how scams work. Instead of giving out some data, DSC is choosing to triple down on the fact that it's winter? There are many countries all over the world, not just restricted to North America...

DSC Sport

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 Golf R
I'm not looking at lap times. I'm looking for quantifiable data like damper actuation, increased lateral G in corner due to stiffer damper settings, and then more travel over sudden impacts. As you said, the system is active. This can be demonstrated with the ride level sensors no? It is a piece of cake, swap DCC controllers, retest etc. Right now it's all just marketing.

How can you release a technical product but offer literally zero data on why it works? It doesn't matter if it's been released to the public a week ago, unless you have done no beta testing? This isn't a decal, or a rear wiper delete. I'm glad there are that many takers who obviously have no issue forking over $1300 for something with literally zero documentation except promises, but that's also how scams work. Instead of giving out some data, DSC is choosing to triple down on the fact that it's winter? There are many countries all over the world, not just restricted to North America...
Again. I do appreciate all of your concern. The people who already purchased are mostly likely those who know who we are as a company. They are the people who see our achievements in so many other platforms. There is a reason we won the Global Media Award at SEMA for our products. We sell proven technology.

And again. I am not sure how else I can reiterate better that we have multiple companies who have controllers from us now that can do individual testing and get data with no bias from us. Those companies will all be collecting their own data from very different parts of the country. So once those are completed. They will be recording all of the points you just made in each car. And once they are done, those metrics will going into our marketing info. I would be happy to go over the findings once they’re complete.

2019 Golf R

Passed Driver's Ed

If $1300 is a lot of money for you, then you're not the target customer of this product. You're being unreasonable. A set of good coilovers cost more.

I have personal experience with the DSC Sport controller on a previous car and found not only the product to perform as expected but also for the customer support and service to be very good. These are not scammers and they do not deserve to be treated like this on an open forum. They've proven these controllers work on track across a variety of platforms and if there was ever a problem, you can talk to Mike or his staff on the phone and get it sorted out. Over time they will have software updates made available for the owners of this product to freely update their controllers with. They also update firmware which can give you more parameters to tweak with or it could be a new base tune that you can flash on and enjoy.

This controller becomes the Cobb AP for your DCC. If you need a white paper to spend money on it, move on.

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
I’m excited bout the product but skeptical. To understand this product is the controller taking the place of using a stiffer spring to control chassis weight transfer by stiffening the dampening? It sounds like it to me. If that’s the case wouldn’t you need a more robust damper?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The different DCC modes adjust dampening when you switch between them already. This product is intended to do what the DCC Module does, but better.

Better could just be subjective if those testing it say it feels better, and/or objective when we get some data from those testers for this platform.

I don't track and have a very basic understanding (which is a strong word) of suspension tuning but being able to modify damper behavior seems like something those with the knowledge/need would be interested in. Being able to adjust with a computer program and then upload your settings to try sounds really cool and it's something I will never do. Folks here buy non adjustable dampening/rebound coilovers that cost more than this. But we'll get an idea of relative value when those with the product report.

Heck, if Ethereum hits $2,500 or GME hits $350 I'll buy one of these and try it on my torsion beam Golf 😂.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
If $1300 is a lot of money for you, then you're not the target customer of this product. You're being unreasonable. A set of good coilovers cost more.

I have personal experience with the DSC Sport controller on a previous car and found not only the product to perform as expected but also for the customer support and service to be very good. These are not scammers and they do not deserve to be treated like this on an open forum. They've proven these controllers work on track across a variety of platforms and if there was ever a problem, you can talk to Mike or his staff on the phone and get it sorted out. Over time they will have software updates made available for the owners of this product to freely update their controllers with. They also update firmware which can give you more parameters to tweak with or it could be a new base tune that you can flash on and enjoy.

This controller becomes the Cobb AP for your DCC. If you need a white paper to spend money on it, move on.

Unreasonable? Is that what they call it now when you want to research what you're spending money on?

Why are you getting triggered? The company can choose to quell this issue instantly. By choosing to stay silent, it's encouraging more questions than answers. Great that you have used their products in another car. However that's largely irrelevant to this platform. Why is it so difficult to post any sort of performance data? Transparency and accountability is critical to the success of a company now.

Not only that, you'll find out people tend to look at things more critically for a lower cost vehicle vs a Porsche. Budgets are largely different, as is buying patterns.

I think you glossed over the point - $1300 is a lot of money for something that has dubious documentation of working on this platform. Their previous release for MQB crashed and burned. Not only that, they still haven't gotten back to how they know the OEM struts can handle the exponential increase of duty cycle without premature wearing - DCC struts have an electro-hydraulic valve unlike mag ride.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Installed one last Friday. Kinda figured there would be a lot of drama around this on forums, since it's definitely difficult to objectively measure improvement with and it's got GTR/Porsche/Corvette tax pricing.

That said, my initial impressions are positive. Comfort mode immediately felt, well, comfier, and in sport (I think DSC calls it 'track,' the car calls it 'race') body roll seems to be reduced and I have more confidence in high speed curves. Hard to say past that, haven't messed with their software yet other than to confirm the controller was functioning and reading ride heights.

As far as how it works, it seems pretty simple, they have tables in the software that adjust damping rates on the fly based on the motion of the car as well as driver inputs. They provide a stock off the shelf tune. It's all adjustable as long as you have the proper USB cable.

Concerns/issues/questions:
Noticed that I can't scan codes on the DCC module via obd11. Hopefully the controller software can do this. (but yes, I can disable traction control).
At this time, only the stock dampers have a tune provided by DSC. I was told they were working on the B16 damptronic coilovers next. They (tractive) sell high end coilovers (most of the track guys here seem to avoid B16s for serious tracking) but they seem designed for the DSC standalone system. Not clear if this would work for those or if they're coming out with an MQB coilover designed for this that would meet the needs of those guys.
Their FAQ says minor changes don't require a re-tune (specifically lowering springs) but this seems odd to me.
I came across a couple videos about zeroing out ride height. Every indication from marketing says the system is plug 'n play. No clue if I should do this or not, or if it would effectively replace the expensive dealership alignment procedure for ride height calibration.

Will be interested to see how it goes once the roads are really warmed up and I can put sticky tires on. If you're after bang for buck, I doubt this is the mod for you (and wait til you see the prices on the coilovers they sell). Personally, I really like the DCC setup and getting a bit more out of it is nice. Price, well, everyone's budget is different. Glad they made it available, can't speak to the earlier release issues, but I'm happy when higher end products trickle down to this econo-box platform.

Maybe if there was a toggle to use a OEM-like static tune for people to compare with? I'd love to do an a/b blind test but it's a bit of work getting it in and out of the bracket.

Last edited:

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Again. I do appreciate all of your concern. The people who already purchased are mostly likely those who know who we are as a company. They are the people who see our achievements in so many other platforms. There is a reason we won the Global Media Award at SEMA for our products. We sell proven technology.

And again. I am not sure how else I can reiterate better that we have multiple companies who have controllers from us now that can do individual testing and get data with no bias from us. Those companies will all be collecting their own data from very different parts of the country. So once those are completed. They will be recording all of the points you just made in each car. And once they are done, those metrics will going into our marketing info. I would be happy to go over the findings once they’re complete.

Again, you seem to fail to see the issue at hand. Relying on previous success elsewhere to sell products on a new (to you) platform is one thing. Releasing a product for sale with no third party testing is basically behind the ball. Reviews go out before the product is released for mass consumption, not the other way round. That's how you can catch errors (like the first release) - you don't use people's money to beta test.

I don't know how many times I need to reiterate - why is it so difficult to demonstrate what your system is capable of? You seem to like to sell black box products - just because no one has doubted or asked for more information, does not mean you can avoid it forever and keep on quoting how successful of a company DSC is.