GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dropping down from Advanced..anyone else do this?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
There’s always somebody faster. I had my foot to the floor in the ZL1.

Just watched your Beemer at VIR. Some good driving. You’re quick and have great lines.
The BMW E36/E46 6-cyl has got to be one of the best sounding straight six engines. Super cool!!

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Awesome!!!

Well...I think he was a tech bro who bought himself way too much car. It still had paper plates on it, so it was new to him, and he was not pushing it anywhere near its limits. In my case, I was refreshing my Sonoma experience in advance of instructing there after having not driven the track in 3 years.

But a pass is a pass and I have it on video :)

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
You have mentioned Summit Point many times. I live a little over an hour away. Maybe we can arrange to meet up at a future event.

Yes, that would be great. I normally do about 3 days per season at Summit because my nephew (BMW) lives near there. I do a few days with him at Summit and he comes up to Lime Rock or the Glen to run with me. I missed a lot of this season due to travel and corona timing, but I'm pretty sure I will be there for their Nov. 13 session. If that sounds potentially doable PM me and we can meet up.

N.G.S.

Ready to race!
Totally agree with bouncing up and down run groups depending on pace of your car and the dynamic of the run group, I will move up and down depending on which car I am in for the weekend, it's no fun bringing a knife to a gunfight although sometimes the knife hurts some feelings.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I'm the worst judge of my skill level- when I was doing motorcycle track days, I stayed in Novice forever. I was never the fastest, but was told I had clean, consistent, and predictable lines, and I should make the bump to intermediate. I wasn't willing to do it, because I wasn't "fast".

Now I'm going into track days with zero car skills, so I have the feeling I'll just chill in Novice again. 😂

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I'm the worst judge of my skill level- when I was doing motorcycle track days, I stayed in Novice forever. I was never the fastest, but was told I had clean, consistent, and predictable lines, and I should make the bump to intermediate. I wasn't willing to do it, because I wasn't "fast".

Now I'm going into track days with zero car skills, so I have the feeling I'll just chill in Novice again. 😂
There's "fast" people in novice too. Moving out of novice has very little to do with speed, it's about being predictable, knowing the lines, being aware of your surroundings, watching your mirrors and pointing people by when appropriate.

Sounds like you should go straight to intermediate, the motorcycle knowledge carries over as far as track etiquette.