GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dropped part of a zip tie in my gearbox changing shiftknobs

17Blk.Mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Hey guys, i’m new to this forum but this morning I dropped a little plastic in my gearbox changing a shift knob. Should I be worried and how could I take it out? I can’t find it anywhere

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Time to part out.

You should be fine :)

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
You now voided warranty on the transmission. Good job. All that for a fucking ricey shift knob that does nothing.

Jk. No one cares. You'll be fine.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Your ricey shift knob or the zip tie?

17Blk.Mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 112

Corey199

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Volkswagen GTI
The zip tie didn’t go into your transmission. There are cables that go from the shifter to the transmission in the engine bay. You will be fine, but if you saw where it went maybe try to get it out.

17Blk.Mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
It's a joke in the forum anytime someone has a problem they tell you to part out your car by stripping off things you added so you can sell them.
Ohh haha
The zip tie didn’t go into your transmission. There are cables that go from the shifter to the transmission in the engine bay. You will be fine, but if you saw where it went maybe try to get it out.
I cannot find it but it’s good to know thanks!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hey guys, i’m new to this forum but this morning I dropped a little plastic in my gearbox changing a shift knob. Should I be worried and how could I take it out? I can’t find it anywhere

So inside the cabin, changing the shift knob & dropped some plastic down?........Won't do a damn thing if you dropped it inside the cabin..if you dropped it down where the white plastic ball of the shift shaft is...might get into the ball cup, but as its plastic it will most likely be pushed to the top & won't mark it....

17Blk.Mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
So inside the cabin, changing the shift knob & dropped some plastic down?........Won't do a damn thing if you dropped it inside the cabin..if you dropped it down where the white plastic ball of the shift shaft is...might get into the ball cup, but as its plastic it will most likely be pushed to the top & won't mark it....
Is there a way I can get this out? and idk what you’re referring to when you mean in the cabin and the ball cup..

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Is there a way I can get this out? and idk what you’re referring to when you mean in the cabin and the ball cup..

Really??........

You say you were changing your shift knob...that's inside the car in the cabin between the front seats???

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
The transmission on your car is located under the hood, beneath the battery and airbox. I would advise checking the oil while you are under there at least once a month.

Attachments

• 95235326_1000019506023_9004503943719419904_n.jpg
    95235326_1000019506023_9004503943719419904_n.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 65